New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

dragonball "evolution" live action movie

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

secor

secor is on a distinguished road

*skip to the "bottom line" if u dont wanna read all this

if there are any fans of the dragonball series, you probably already know about the live action movie that fox is going to make. you probably have also heard of the thousand other hoaxes and whatnot saying a movie was going to be made, this is not fake, fox is going to make a live action movie of dragonball and it is going to be a travesty.

what i'm asking is that you sign this online petition (not hard, doesn't take long) to stop this movie from being released. us who have already signed seriously doubt that we will get enough signatures to do that, but maybe we will be able to make some kind of difference in the "lets try and make money by destroying this franchise" world.

Bottom Line:
if u hate dragonball z, why not try n stop its live action "counterpart" from being released.
if u love dragonball z, u have every reason to try n stop this mockery of a film from being released
if u r somewhere in the middle, do it for the sake of the art form, whether it be animes or films, nobody wants money to be wasted on making bad movies that could be good

heres the petitin (Dragon Ball Live Action Movie Protest! Petition) and the numerous reasons why you should sign it (YouTube - kame789's Channel)

YouTube - Dragon Ball Live Action
YouTube - Dragonball (2009) TRAILER HQ

i dont post here often, in fact i signed up for to resolve one lonely problem (which was never resolved). i also dont have a mac anymore, lettin my brother hold onto it, so this is comin to u from a pc. but dont hate, lets be honest, all computers should be better than what they are.

gimme a break now, break beats - i break down
i mean i break down, take a seat and stay down
or even lay down on the sheets and make frown
i can't even stay brown, blue's my evening state now
QUOTE Thanks
calenerd

calenerd is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac

I don't think any petition is gonna stop the movie from being made, in all seriousness.

The dark is passion, the light is logic.
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

A movie huh? Either it's going to have to be a trilogy (Lord of the Ring uncut length trilogy) to get through a single fight or it'll have to be a week long movie to get through one story!

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
breadfan35

breadfan35 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Intel Mac Pro: 2.66 Ghz, 2GB RAM, 23" HD Cenima Display

edit...

QUOTE Thanks
Sara!

Sara! is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: The new Macbook, 13", 2.4Ghz, 250GB, 2GB RAM

Ohohoh I saw this on IMDB and I just laughed. My cousin on the other hand, who's an avid fan of Dragonball, had many things to tell me, much of it were criticisms lol.
QUOTE Thanks
secor

secor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by calenerd View Post
I don't think any petition is gonna stop the movie from being made, in all seriousness.
yea but like fleurya said its gonna be a trilogy (or implied that it has to be). we're not really tryin to stop the first one from comin out, we're tryin to stop any sequels from bein made. the movies also in post production so it would take a miracle to stop it from bein released. the thing is that theyve deviated so much from the original story that a dbz fan that saw a trailer with the actual dragonballs and characters names omitted would have no clue what it was. this is just a *****-out

edit: really? i cant say
w
h
o
re
???

gimme a break now, break beats - i break down
i mean i break down, take a seat and stay down
or even lay down on the sheets and make frown
i can't even stay brown, blue's my evening state now
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Just in case anyone didn't understand, I was ripping on how insanely long and drawn out the fight scene in Dragonabll are. Seriously, it can take anywhere from 5 to 30 episodes for a single fight!!

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
Mufasa

Mufasa is on a distinguished road

That trailer was sooooo bad...

I'll sign.
QUOTE Thanks
Derek McNelly

Derek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" - 2.3 GHz Quad i7- 8GB RAM - 750GB Hybrid HD - OS X 10.8

YouTube - Official "Legend of Zelda" Live Action Movie Trailer 2009

Can these two trade places? I'd like to see this one, but that Dragonball movie looks like utter crap.

MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz Quad i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB HHD - OS X 10.8
MacBook 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo - 4 GB RAM - 320 GB HDD - OS X 10.6

MoTM February 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Mattlike

Mattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really nice
Mac Specs: Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
Just in case anyone didn't understand, I was ripping on how insanely long and drawn out the fight scene in Dragonabll are. Seriously, it can take anywhere from 5 to 30 episodes for a single fight!!
lol so true. I still enjoyed the Cell and Buu sagas though.
QUOTE Thanks
macwannabe

macwannabe is a jewel in the roughmacwannabe is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*

really i love DBZ i have seen just about every episode from beginning to end.. but come on.. you cant make everything live action...lol

Click the logo to check out my site...

"learn the basics, learn the rules, and then learn how to break them creatively.." - Phototini
QUOTE Thanks
The Lump

The Lump is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: TiBook - 800MHz/1gb/30gb/combo/500gb external

Quote:
Originally Posted by macwannabe View Post
really i love DBZ i have seen just about every episode from beginning to end.. but come on.. you cant make everything live action...lol

but have you seen every episode and movie of db, dbz, AND dbgt from end to end?

not saying i have, but i do happen to have...every...single...one of them
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Best quote... ever | The situation in Israel »