New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Ľ Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Ľ Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Dec. 21st 2012.... End ?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

DaveyL

DaveyL is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac OSX 10.5.5,24",Pioneer DVD -RW External Burner

Google this date.

Saw a documentary on this. Ancient calenders all stop on this day ... What do you think ?

Poles shifting , Planets all lining up ,

The Mayans were by no means stupid people.

Things that make you go " hmmmmm "

" You Don't Know You Being Dumb Until You Are Finished "

Me.
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

no, not stupid but poles have shifted before, planets have all lined up before and the earth (and life on it) still exists.

Besides, everybody's gotta die sometime.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
DaveyL

DaveyL is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac OSX 10.5.5,24",Pioneer DVD -RW External Burner

Ya I know ,,,,, Don't really want to rack up the Visa just yet .....

" You Don't Know You Being Dumb Until You Are Finished "

Me.
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

The HD Trailer for this movie looked cool. *shrugs*
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

most people used to think if you sailed or walked far enough you'd fall off the edge of the earth.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric View Post
most people used to think if you sailed or walked far enough you'd fall off the edge of the earth.
They weren't stupid either, they were simply operating under what they knew. 65 years ago the speed of sound was something that was impossible to pass... you'd simply blow up. 45 years ago you could no sooner go do many things than go to the moon

mike
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, there's a difference between stupid and lacking knowledge.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

You forgot one thing... Nostradamus agrees.

With that said, we're doomed. DOOMED, I tells ya! Now, where's that tinfoil hat?

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
stormbound

stormbound is on a distinguished road

It's a load of mumbo jumbo by the sounds of it lol
QUOTE Thanks
BlueMac

BlueMac is a jewel in the roughBlueMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7

Everybody hide in your refrigerators!

Flickr

Last.fm
Si, hablo Espa˝ol. Oui, je parle franšais. Yes, I speak English.
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMac View Post
Everybody hide in your refrigerators!
It's too bad they're not lead lined anymore

mike
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

This better not be as big of a letdown as Y2K was.. I was drinking all night anxiously awaiting to see airplanes fall out of the sky and random explosions every, riots and chaos, etc.
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

y2k was a fun new years eve. I was doing systems engineering then, we'd already had the whole thing modeled out for months by the time the day itself came around, we were already trashed at my house by the time the Australians rang in the year

mike
QUOTE Thanks
leecho7

leecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really nice
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram

I think it be great if the world ended on that day. That way I won't have to go suffer through last minute holiday shopping like I did this year.

Bismillah ihr Rhman ihr Raheem

The only way to truly learn and gain experience is from making mistakes.
Thats why I'm a friggin genius.
QUOTE Thanks
BlueMac

BlueMac is a jewel in the roughBlueMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by leecho7 View Post
I think it be great if the world ended on that day. That way I won't have to go suffer through last minute holiday shopping like I did this year.
HAHA!

Flickr

Last.fm
Si, hablo Espa˝ol. Oui, je parle franšais. Yes, I speak English.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Bad Girl Leak.. | What is your favorite mixed drink? »