New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

A random Question Poll

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek McNelly View Post
Oh Baggss.

*sigh*
I know. Some decisions are not yours to make so all you can do is stand by and watch. You can also ask the opinions of complete strangers to see what they say. It appears that many do not agree with what either you or I thought.

I posted this in both forums to get a better cross section of responses. The gap between #2 and #3 is narrower in the other forum than it is here, although there were only 7 or 8 votes there last time I checked. Interesting.

Your turn will come someday Derek, sooner than you think.

QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Those of you who picked options 2 and 3 picked correctly.

QUOTE Thanks
swick

swick is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15 - 2.8GHz - 320GB ATA 7200

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y View Post
I had to choose "Other" for the simple fact that I wouldn't make the trip at all.

If the person lives that far away, the chances of me really knowing them all that well are slim.
Sure, an visit would offer an opportunity for me to get to know that person better, but what happens when the visit is over?
I go back home and the person is still hundreds of miles away.
I assumed he knew this woman fairly well. So in my opinion, yes, this would factor into the decision.

Quote:
IIn my opinion, people that invite others to make that trip... or make that trip themselves... are more often than not desperate for attention and affection. It is extremely flattering to find out that someone is so smitten with you that they would invite you to make such a journey. It is so flattering that you would be seriously tempted to make the trek.
However, making a trip like that is simply a bad idea.
Even if things go well and the two people decide to start an LDR, the chances of that relationship lasting for any real length of time is dodgy at best. Sure, there is always the 'option' for one of you to move closer to the other, but again... the likelihood of that happening is rare.
I'm not saying that it can't happen or that it hasn't happened for some... it's just that the viability of such a thing transpiring is next to nil.
I would have to agree entirely.

Quote:
IIf I was a parent and the person contemplating on making the trip was my child (who lived under my roof), then I wouldn't allow them to make the trip period. My house, my rules. I'm the parent and they're the child. I wouldn't care how old they were. If they're old enough to make decisions like that, then they are old enough to move out and get their own place... and if they were short on gas money, then that would be even more of a reason for me to forbid such a thing. It just doesn't make any good sense to make a trip like that when:
1. You haven't known the person for very long
2. You likely won't have the chance to visit them often
3. You're short on funds to make a drive that far anyway

Hey, it's a big world out there.
If you can find someone you find interesting and/or interested in you... and the person lives that far away, then you can definitely find someone just as interested in you who lives closer, even in your own city, town, state, etc. All you have to do is be patient.
As for the big world out there - I agree with this. However, I have always been one to allow my children to discover, learn and make their own decisions - especially as they matured. Mind you, the older they got, the more I allowed them to take risks. Of course I never allowed them to get into something I knew would hurt them. I should add, my son and daughter are better today for having this experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears34 View Post
If she wasnt into you she could maintain a friendly relationship over the phone.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
My opinion: You wouldn't have been invited if there wasn't interest from the other party in developing more than a friendship. This is a test to see if that affinity is shared.

Women, in my opinion, almost always have an ulterior motive.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by louishen View Post
well, now I know what a bootycall is
See, you've learned something new here today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
eh, I think they enjoy knocking boots as much as we do
Yes they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss View Post
Those of you who picked options 2 and 3 picked correctly.
So it would seem you knew the answer to this yet asked for our thoughts? Well I cannot answer the woman's point of view, however I can say had this been something you were not sure of - I would have demanded you post a picture.

So as I see it now, we're waiting for a actual woman's opinion?

USN RET. “God, Country & Fast Boats.”
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

Please keep in mind this was not me. It was a female I know going to visit a guy, hence my request for opinions.

QUOTE Thanks
Derek McNelly

Derek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" - 2.3 GHz Quad i7- 8GB RAM - 750GB Hybrid HD - OS X 10.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss View Post
Your turn will come someday Derek, sooner than you think.
I <3 Sterility.

MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz Quad i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB HHD - OS X 10.8
MacBook 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo - 4 GB RAM - 320 GB HDD - OS X 10.6

MoTM February 2009
QUOTE Thanks
scathe

scathe is a jewel in the roughscathe is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2,4Ghz 15" unibody

interesting, what if the booty/friendly/driving call went out to more people? what if you arrive and there are several more people all under the sole impression of a booty call? :-P
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

I say Other, but not for the reasons DB pointed. If the woman wants to see me that badly, she can come down and visit me. No way I'm driving that far for somebody I barely know, even if there was a slight possibility of getting down and dirty.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
swick

swick is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15 - 2.8GHz - 320GB ATA 7200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
If the woman wants to see me that badly, she can come down and visit me. No way I'm driving that far for somebody I barely know, even if there was a slight possibility of getting down and dirty.
Personally I would have to agree with this. On the other hand, a decision such as this would have variable circumstances depending on the person(s).

But with that said, now that I know this was initiated by a woman, my answers really wouldn't matter, would they? So put me down for "Other".

USN RET. “God, Country & Fast Boats.”
QUOTE Thanks
blackmac11

blackmac11 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC

I Like To Drive

l
I’ll keep it short and sweet — Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business. -Monty Burns
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

Quote:
Originally Posted by swick View Post
But with that said, now that I know this was initiated by a woman, my answers really wouldn't matter, would they? So put me down for "Other".
Actually, it was initiated by the guy, the girl agreed to drive to see him. They have now "hooked up" in every sense of the term.

QUOTE Thanks
Beatles4Life

Beatles4Life is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.9.5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swick View Post
So as I see it now, we're waiting for a actual woman's opinion?

All right, here goes:

Well, personally, I wouldn't drive 250 miles to see a guy unless I really really really liked him, or if he was one of my really good friends. If a guy drove 250 miles to see me, I'd be flattered, but I'd probably think he ::ahem:: wanted something more.

"Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John Lennon.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Economy | Who uses a mac for their home theater? »