New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Ľ Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Ľ Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Sims fans, unite!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

BlueMac

BlueMac is a jewel in the roughBlueMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7

We need a thread just to discuss Sims games, whatever versions whatever consoles. Report events in your Sims families! Talk about Sims!

Flickr

Last.fm
Si, hablo Espa˝ol. Oui, je parle franšais. Yes, I speak English.
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

i loved playing the sims for a long time, sim city even more. my macbook won't handle them though. waiting/hoping for a PS3 version of SC since they finally decided it was ok to port civilization to the consoles - sim city shouldn't be a big deal.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
BlueMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric View Post
i loved playing the sims for a long time, sim city even more. my macbook won't handle them though. waiting/hoping for a PS3 version of SC since they finally decided it was ok to port civilization to the consoles - sim city shouldn't be a big deal.
I agree.... Sim City is a classic. Great gameplay, and you actually learned some useful things! I used to play it on my laptop, and it was great. Graphics were superb.

Flickr

Last.fm
QUOTE Thanks
BlueMac

I also had a question. Anyone know if this laptop could handle The Sims 2 with a few expansion packs pretty well?

TheSims2.com - Home - Register Your Game To Join The Community - Specs. I'm mainly just asking who might happen to use this combo. I would only use The Sims 2 with some expansion packs on it. Thanks in advance!

Flickr

Last.fm
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

i'll tell you, i had a 15" HP laptop with integrated video and a 1.5" celeron and sims2 ran perfectly fine. sim city 4 on the other hand was a dog on that machine - it took my 17" HP with dedicated graphics and a 2.0 PIV to run that game well. of course i melted the video card on that one.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
podraig

podraig will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G

you know of course that you can now get an iPhone version for $9.95
SimCity comes to iPhone | iPhone Central | Macworld

Mac is like a car, keep clean and up to date and it will give you many hours of good driving
QUOTE Thanks
eric

not that that helps me - but i do have simcity for the DS...

QUOTE Thanks
BlueMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric View Post
i'll tell you, i had a 15" HP laptop with integrated video and a 1.5" celeron and sims2 ran perfectly fine.

Cool... what model was it? If you know.

Flickr

Last.fm
QUOTE Thanks
eric

my wife still has it, i'd have to check - but it's definitley about 4-5 years old, i want to say dv5000 or something...

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can anyone recommend a Outdoor Surveillance camera? | so what is it with »