New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Ľ Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Ľ Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

so what is it with

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

The Lump

The Lump is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: TiBook - 800MHz/1gb/30gb/combo/500gb external

most mac users going ape over a single click mouse?

i'm serious. in todays computing there is no room for a single click. when i'm gaming, like in WoW, i use the right click to move my toon left and right while the keyboard handles running and fighting.

its wasteful to have to hold the command key. you get killed if you have to use the command key to tie up your only click.

when browsing the web, if i wanna save a link, i use a right click. if i wanna open it in a new tab, i use right click.

the list goes on and on. so why do people hail the mighty mouse as some technological revolution? its the same one click it always has been. its dead.

and to be honest, the 12 dollar hp 4 button i got from walmart, works way better than the single button i got with my emac.
QUOTE Thanks
BlueMac

BlueMac is a jewel in the roughBlueMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lump View Post
most mac users going ape**** over a single click mouse?

i'm serious. in todays computing there is no room for a single click. when i'm gaming, like in WoW, i use the right click to move my toon left and right while the keyboard handles running and fighting.

its wasteful to have to hold the command key. you get killed if you have to use the command key to tie up your only click.

when browsing the web, if i wanna save a link, i use a right click. if i wanna open it in a new tab, i use right click.

the list goes on and on. so why do people hail the mighty mouse as some technological revolution? its the same one click it always has been. its dead.

and to be honest, the 12 dollar hp 4 button i got from walmart, works way better than the single button i got with my emac.

Don't make presumptions. Go to system preferences>Keyboard& Mouse> Mouse> then there will be a diagram of a mouse. Click where it says primary button, then go to the drop down menu, and click secondary button. Right click is now on the mouse.

Flickr

Last.fm
Si, hablo Espa˝ol. Oui, je parle franšais. Yes, I speak English.
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

Quote:
most mac users going ape**** over a single click mouse?

Problem solved?
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

button? oh, yeah, that thing. i barely use it. i'm too busy two finger tapping and dragging on my macbook.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
TinyEric

TinyEric is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook, iSight, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4 GHz, 2GB, 160GB HD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric View Post
button? oh, yeah, that thing. i barely use it. i'm too busy two finger tapping and dragging on my macbook.

Same here fella!
QUOTE Thanks
The Lump

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMac View Post
Don't make presumptions. Go to system preferences>Keyboard& Mouse> Mouse> then there will be a diagram of a mouse. Click where it says primary button, then go to the drop down menu, and click secondary button. Right click is now on the mouse.

fail. you then have no primary click.
QUOTE Thanks
The Lump

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric View Post

must not be a gamer then
QUOTE Thanks
The Lump

here's another one, why does this get such quick responses, yet noone can tell my why imovie still cant import photos from iphoto?
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

on a mac? no. on a pc, barely. i save that for the comfort of my couch and my PS3 - who wants to game at a desk? feh!

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Import the files where? To an Email?

If you have the old Single Button Apple mouse then what was suggested above will not work. All the newer Apple mice are multi button. Get another mouse.

The person above that gave you the suggestion in the mouse control panel did not know you have a OLD Apple mouse. Like I said all Apple mice in the last few years now have multi buttons.
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

Out of all honesty, I hardly ever use the "right-click" in OS X. With dragging/dropping being universal among the OS and apps, it just makes things easier. Really helps with multi-tasking and speeding up productivity.

If I need to right-click, I will (I use a Wacom tablet, so it's right there if need be), or I just use keyboard shortcuts for the most part.
QUOTE Thanks
The Lump

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
Import the files where? To an Email?

If you have the old Single Button Apple mouse then what was suggested above will not work. All the newer Apple mice are multi button. Get another mouse.

The person above that gave you the suggestion in the mouse control panel did not know you have a OLD Apple mouse. Like I said all Apple mice in the last few years now have multi buttons.
like my post said, INTO IMOVIE FROM IPHOTO
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
like my post said, INTO IMOVIE FROM IPHOTO

Which version of iMovie? Might make a difference. I missed the imovie part while reading all your single button mouse post.

I just imported some pics into iMovie from iPhoto but I am still using iMovie 06 so do tell which version you have there.
QUOTE Thanks
The Lump

06 and 06
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

Quote:
06 and 06
Interesting as that is what I am still using. Are you going to Media and then the photos tab? I can drag any photo into iMovie from there. Just tried it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 1.jpg (120.1 KB, 5 views)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Sims fans, unite! | Beer, Glorious Beer... »