New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Beer, Glorious Beer...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Clueless

Clueless is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Blackbook, iPod Video, iPod Nano Chrome 16gig

I read that thread about mixed drinks and thought it was rather interesting to see the different tastes that the various forum people had. However, mixers aren't really my thing, so I thought I'd see what kinda beers, stouts, lagers, bitteres and ales people enjoy - the more wierd and wonderful, the better!

For a kick off, I'm a lager man myself, generally one of the more well known brands; Fosters, Carlsberg etc. but when the fancy takes me, I do enjoy a bit of Newcastle Brown Ale .

So what do you people like to drink then?

You just lost The Game!
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

I enjoy wheat beers like Blue Moon and Hef.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

I like Newcastle, when I'm in the UK. The clear glass bottles tend to skunk it, so I don't buy it here in the US

I'd like me a nice bitter too, also sadly not overly available here.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

Guinness
Heineken
Stella Artois

In that order. I also enjoy stuff like Grolsch, Ricard's Red, and other imported beers. I love dark beer.

I picked up a bottle of Crown Royal and some Bacardi Razz for the wife tonight.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

I lean toward the Lagers myself, can't stand any kind of Porter. My personal favorite at this point is Samuel Adams Summer Ale, but I enjoy just about anything by Sam Adams. Guiness rates pretty high with me as does a local favorite, Yuengling Lager (from America's oldest brewery, here in Pennsylvania).

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Jamaican Ginger Beer

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
justpassinthru

justpassinthru will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15". 2.8GHz. 320GB@7200.

Call me simple, but I prefer to live the "high-life" - yes it must be from a glass bottle. Okay, I'll admit, when I'm feeling Hoity-Toity, I prefer Schneider-Weisse -- of course it must be in a S-W beer glass and poured by myself especially if the barkeep doesn't know how to properly pour.
QUOTE Thanks
MBasile

MBasile has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook CoreDuo

I've enjoyed all but one Sierra Nevada I've had (the harvest in the blue label I could not stand). I also love Stone Brewery's ale's (arrogant ale and their IPA).

Oh, and I absolutely hate Guinness
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
I lean toward the Lagers myself, can't stand any kind of Porter. My personal favorite at this point is Samuel Adams Summer Ale, but I enjoy just about anything by Sam Adams. Guiness rates pretty high with me as does a local favorite, Yuengling Lager (from America's oldest brewery, here in Pennsylvania).
I really don't like Sam Adams, too bitter for my tastes. I do, however, like Yuengling

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
skye

skye is just really niceskye is just really niceskye is just really niceskye is just really nice
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive

Not much of a drinker, but going to school in WI has taught me the joys of a Honey Weiss with a cheeseburger.

Blog- My random musings as I document the spiritual changes I go through.

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1st Corinithians 3:13
QUOTE Thanks
CurtisJC

CurtisJC is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MB 2.1GHz, 4Gb RAM, 120Gb white

The beer i drink mostly would be Carling... But when I'm in the mood an ale, preferably Hob Goblin goes down nicely. More fond of the darker ales usually

My mum is lvl 70 in WoW, how cool is she
A PC you say, eww don't touch it, it may have rabies
To be followed http://twitter.com/CurtisJC
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtisJC View Post
The beer i drink mostly would be Carling... But when I'm in the mood an ale, preferably Hob Goblin goes down nicely. More fond of the darker ales usually
Carling is what I pee out after I drink real beer
QUOTE Thanks
calenerd

calenerd is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac

Heineken would be my favorite, light and sweet and not too bitter. Stella Artois is nice too.

Like to try beer from other country, though they are not as nice, such as Tsingtao from China, and Chang or Singha from Thailand. We have quite a lot of them here.

Heard Corona is pretty nice.

The dark is passion, the light is logic.
QUOTE Thanks
appleisgreat

appleisgreat is infamous around these parts

I love Yeungling, like Budweiser, Sam Adams Summer Ale, Sam Adams Cherry Wheat, & Stella Artois.

To be honest though, I will basically drink whatever is on special/put in front of me. $.50 Natural Light drafts = my drink of choice for the night
QUOTE Thanks
McBie

McBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2013 MBA 13" - 10.9.5 & iPad - iOS 5.1

Beer ..... now we are talking serious stuff ....

Choosing 1 would be difficult as I am living in Belgium, with over 200 types of local beer.

All time favorites are
- Duvel
- Hoegaerden
- Grimbergen
- Rodenbach
- Jupiler
- Stella

Cheers.
McBie

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude towards the problem. You understand ?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« so what is it with | Really Awesome Threads That Die »