New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Subaru out of WRC

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

not sure many of you will care about this, but it is pretty big news, the article also mentions Honda pulling out of F1, which is just as huge.

Iconic Subaru quits world rally championship - CNN.com

looks like it's pretty much just the companies trying to deal with the economy.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
TinyEric

TinyEric is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook, iSight, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4 GHz, 2GB, 160GB HD.

WRC will not be the same! Subaru to me meant rally in recent years. I regularly attended the stages held in Wales and had (lost them when MacBook and HD were stolen) hundreds of pics and vids, mostly of the Subarus!

F1 is in need of something to make it exciting again... Any ideas what?
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

sorry to say it, but F1 needs less technology, less money.

while it is unbelievably impressive what the cars are capable of, and even more so what the drivers are capable of in terms of handling those monsters, i don't think it translates to the viewer as much as something like the skatey, horribly dangerous cars of the 60s and 70s. plus, the cars have so little to do with actual cars, there may be a certain disconnect. where people can more easily relate to something like wrc, british and german touring cars, and even american nascar (especially the lower-dollar local events) simply because in some fashion they do use "real cars" (the quotes recieve more emphasis of course for higher levels of nascar, where the cars have absolutely nothing to do with the real cars other than name and a passing resemblence).

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
TinyEric

TinyEric is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook, iSight, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4 GHz, 2GB, 160GB HD.

Very true eric, I agree completely. I used to be a massive F1 fan but the last 3 seasons have bored me to tears.

Have a look at the following - great video and a serious toy...

YouTube - ATV Subaru Impreza STI
QUOTE Thanks
eric

that is I-N-S-A-N-E!

i want one.

QUOTE Thanks
Clueless

Clueless is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Blackbook, iPod Video, iPod Nano Chrome 16gig

Seat have also pulled out of the British Touring Car Championships, so I hear.
Must be an odd effect of the credit crunch that no one really thought about. Obviously a pretty major one, what with the trouble various automotive companies have gone through.

You just lost The Game!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« things that make you say "hmm" | Help me find a job. »