Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Schweb's Lounge (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/schwebs-lounge/)
-   -   G4 Staff (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/schwebs-lounge/133765-g4-staff.html)

JRV 12-16-2008 12:55 AM

G4 Staff

I'm a regular viewer of the G4 Network. I like it but I wish they would have a couple tech shows like back in the TechTV days. I think the channel would do even better with a show like The Screensavers. Not sure why they axed that show.

Anyway. I was just curious if anyone had an idea of what the main people on the network made? Morgan Webb, Adam Sessler, Olivia Munn. They making big money or are they getting hosed?

eric 12-16-2008 08:12 AM

well, they can't possibly be getting as much as a network tv personality like Matt Lauer or Katie Couric.

i'd say, it's probably a lot like public radio. they probably make enough to live comfortably and they're doing something they really like to do.

i agree about the tech-tv type shows. i thought it was a good idea to merge, but they are definitely emulating spike tv too much, and should infuse a little brain into the silliness; a blend with aots and xplay seem to get just about right, but little else on the network.

leecho7 12-16-2008 08:39 AM

I don't watch G4 anymore for a couple of reasons. First, I don't have cable anymore. Secondly, I found the network to suck now. I used to watch X-Play, Filter, Cinematech, Electronic Playground, Screen Savers... now the only thing thats on G4 is either that Ninja Warrior show or Cops.

Tofuik 12-16-2008 06:01 PM

God I miss Screensavers.

av8raaron 12-21-2008 07:32 AM

AOTS ain't bad. At least it entertains me.

kkelly122 12-21-2008 11:53 AM

screensavers and call for help were the best shows on that network and now with them gone i just don't watch it anymore. AOTS is just a knockoff of screensavers and doesn't compare.

dabears34 12-21-2008 11:57 AM

I hate that network with a passion..... but I can watch an episode of Ninja warrior here and there.

Mattlike 12-21-2008 10:12 PM

I miss Sarah Lane. :(

KB3GZW 12-23-2008 07:16 PM

I like to watch AOTS every once and a while just because I love technology. I do also think they are trying to emulate Spike to much now. I believe that is the consensus in my house. They are still ok, they havent gotten out of control yet.

JRV 12-24-2008 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KB3GZW (Post 775683)
I like to watch AOTS every once and a while just because I love technology. I do also think they are trying to emulate Spike to much now. I believe that is the consensus in my house. They are still ok, they havent gotten out of control yet.

Yeah they are getting too much like SpikeTV which is bad in my opinion. They need to ditch shows like Cops and those bloopers shows and get more into technology again. They need to start a show like Screensavers again.

mdfuller 12-24-2008 02:22 PM

I love Tekzilla from Revision 3. Closest thing to The Screen Savers that I have found. I miss Leo though!

Mattlike 12-25-2008 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdfuller (Post 775955)
I love Tekzilla from Revision 3. Closest thing to The Screen Savers that I have found. I miss Leo though!

Sometimes I find Veronica annoying. :(

mdfuller 12-25-2008 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattlike (Post 776300)
Sometimes I find Veronica annoying. :(

I find her anything but annoying ;)