New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Thought you guys would be interested in this

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

xj6jaguar1985

xj6jaguar1985 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2

YouTube - Iraqi Journalist Throws 2 Shoes At President Bush

I'm not a big Bush fan, but that's a pretty pathetic move by the thrower.
I LOL-ed when Bush said "All I can report is that the shoes are a size 10."

Yes my name is Jaguar.
No, it is not a joke.
I don't find your "I'm a cheetah." joke funny.
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

It would have been at least worth it if he hit him in the face. *shrugs*
QUOTE Thanks
cheesybanana

cheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nice
Mac Specs: C2D MacBook Pro

I mean...

Bush is directly responsible for the death of hundreds of thousands of Iraqis, whether it was right or wrong. Having a shoe thrown at him is not all that big of a deal.

For those that didn't read it, the reporter had been taken hostage earlier in the war by insurgents. He was one of the lucky ones that were released.

Dost thou think, because thou art virtuous, there shall be no more cakes and ale?
QUOTE Thanks
Waterpolo820

Waterpolo820 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell

I saw the video and immediately showed every one around me, we all decided that it would have been much better if he got hit in his face with at least one of those shoes....

"In a world full of ordinaries,
I will be extraordinary"
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

He got some pretty good reflexes, that's all I got to say on the matter.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
TinyEric

TinyEric is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook, iSight, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4 GHz, 2GB, 160GB HD.

Shame he missed! In Iraq it is a sign of great disrespect to be hit with or have shoes thrown at you. Don't know if any of yo remember when the Allied forces started to take control of the major cities in Iraq, all the local people were beating statues of Saddam with their shoes?

Still, a shame he missed - TWICE!!!
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

i was going to say what TinyEric did...

if that's all Bush gets, he got off light. very, very light.

in my opinion, someone should have thrown impeachement papers at him.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric View Post
...in my opinion, someone should have thrown impeachement papers at him.
It's a little late for that. >_<" That would have been bad because did you see how slow the guards were to respond to it all? If that had been a gun, I don't see him dodging that.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

it may be late, but i think it would be good for the american conscience, to validate the fact that he should have behaved in a more reasonable and responsible way.

hopefully the history books will show him for what he was. the absolute low point in 43 presidential terms.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

I'm not sure. I still think Nixon was worse.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
eric

in some, maybe. at least he had a brain. though that is what made him dangerous and secretive. at least he wasn't a maniacal self-appointed hand of god.

edit - and at least Nixon opened up relations with China and was able to help out a bit diplomatically later in his life. we'll see just how much good Bush can do as an ex-president.

QUOTE Thanks
xj6jaguar1985

xj6jaguar1985 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2

Quote:
in some, maybe. at least he had a brain. though that is what made him dangerous and secretive. at least he wasn't a maniacal self-appointed hand of god.

edit - and at least Nixon opened up relations with China and was able to help out a bit diplomatically later in his life. we'll see just how much good Bush can do as an ex-president.
Maybe he'll take down the new Freedom towe- Ok I'll stop there or I'll get in some hardcore trouble...

Quote:
i was going to say what TinyEric did...

if that's all Bush gets, he got off light. very, very light.

in my opinion, someone should have thrown impeachement papers at him.

HAHAHA!!! That would've been greatttttt hahahahahahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyEric View Post
Shame he missed! In Iraq it is a sign of great disrespect to be hit with or have shoes thrown at you. Don't know if any of yo remember when the Allied forces started to take control of the major cities in Iraq, all the local people were beating statues of Saddam with their shoes?

Still, a shame he missed - TWICE!!!
Hmmm I didn't know that's Iraqi culture. Thanks for the info tho!

Yes my name is Jaguar.
No, it is not a joke.
I don't find your "I'm a cheetah." joke funny.
QUOTE Thanks
TinyEric

TinyEric is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook, iSight, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4 GHz, 2GB, 160GB HD.

Hitting someone with a shoe is a particularly strong rebuke in Iraqi culture. Although the president was uninjured, the incident overshadowed media coverage of the trip in the Arab world. And it has transformed Muntader al-Zaidi into a symbolic figure in the debate about the American military’s presence in Iraq.

Taken from the NY Times online... Brother Explains Shoe-Tossing Iraqi Journalist’s Anger - Baghdad Bureau Blog - NYTimes.com
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« The phone to bring down the iPhone.. | Quotable Quotes »