New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Someone Help me, need some feedback!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

HmmIsee

HmmIsee is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro, 2.5GHz C2D, 6 Gigs Ram (Yes) 320 7200 RPM..and much more!

Alright, I'm online looking for something, and I don't know exactly what I need. I figured someone on here will know, so this is the situation:

I have my Macbook hooked up to my external Monitor, but I also have my Macbook Pro sitting on my desk. What I want to do, is buy a switch so I can use both Laptops on the same Monitor, but choose which one I want to have on the screen with just the push of the button on the switch. I've used and dealt with these kind of things before, But I'm just not exactly sure what/which one I should buy.

So if someone knows what I'm talking about, I would appreciate it if someone could help me, thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Looks like all you need is a KVM. Newegg has a great selection of reasonably priced KVMs.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
HmmIsee

HmmIsee is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro, 2.5GHz C2D, 6 Gigs Ram (Yes) 320 7200 RPM..and much more!

Awesome man, yeah I couldn't remember what they were called. I'll take a look at NewEgg.. Again, I appreciate it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« sup | PSN vs. XBLM »