New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Should Macs Be Made in USA?

Thread Closed

B&O

B&O has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.

I would love to write a lot about this but I am on an iPhone. American made computers won't work. One the cost would go through the roof and the quality down. I am not American but American made products are NOT know for their quality. Look at the car idustry (ignoring the current issue and focus on quality). I would only buy one or two American cars from the late 60's. American cars are very well known for being very expensive, poorly made and seriously inefficent. American's (I don't want a fight here) are generally not highly educated or motivated as where you can go to china and get a man to build your computers for quarter the price at a higher quality and the infrastructure is there to get them out of the country. For the record, I feel the same about the UK. If where a product is made is important then I think you really need to stop looking at the flag and look at the facts on paper. Who and where something is made is not important, quality and cost is. Also I image apple's factory is full automated. Would a few engineers and a 1000 robot's salaries really matter to the American economic issue.

And even if apple will be put under a traiff in the US they wouldn't notice. It's one Market and they already under traiff in every otherarket and still make a killing. The US Market isn't that important on a global scale.

MacBook Pro 2.66Ghz i7. Mac Mini 2.26Ghz C2D
iPhone 3G 16GB iPad 3G 64GB
Check out my flickr
Maccy

Maccy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" iMac, 13" MacBook

It's a lot cheaper to use production-based industry in places like China, Taiwan etc. Many companies, Apple included, manufacture their products here because the labour is a lot cheaper.

cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&O View Post
I would love to write a lot about this but I am on an iPhone. American made computers won't work. One the cost would go through the roof and the quality down. I am not American but American made products are NOT know for their quality. Look at the car idustry (ignoring the current issue and focus on quality). I would only buy one or two American cars from the late 60's. American cars are very well known for being very expensive, poorly made and seriously inefficent. American's (I don't want a fight here) are generally not highly educated or motivated as where you can go to china and get a man to build your computers for quarter the price at a higher quality and the infrastructure is there to get them out of the country. For the record, I feel the same about the UK. If where a product is made is important then I think you really need to stop looking at the flag and look at the facts on paper. Who and where something is made is not important, quality and cost is. Also I image apple's factory is full automated. Would a few engineers and a 1000 robot's salaries really matter to the American economic issue.

And even if apple will be put under a traiff in the US they wouldn't notice. It's one Market and they already under traiff in every otherarket and still make a killing. The US Market isn't that important on a global scale.

Alrighty then... I was hoping we weren't going to get into stereotypes and generalizations, but I see that's where we're going. So, we're done here.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

Thread Closed

« Which blank DVD to get? | sup »