Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by xj6jaguar1985 View Post
    Yeah I remember that....A GIGABYTE!?!?! WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH A GIGABYTE...
    heh..
    heh...
    1st computer I personally ever had was a Packard Bell...The thing was a 1MHz processor...hahahaha
    Packard Bell? Ouch... that brings back reallly bad memories. Never owned one myself, but knew people who did and needed my help with them. What nightmarish things they were! I strongly suspect that if my first PC had been a PB, I would have switched to Macs loooooong ago!

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Specs:
    iPod touch 32gb first gen. MacBook, iBook G4 and a broken PowerBook G4 15"
    Yeah I remember that....A GIGABYTE!?!?! WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH A GIGABYTE...
    heh..
    heh...
    1st computer I personally ever had was a Packard Bell...The thing was a 1MHz processor...hahahaha
    Packard Bell? Nice!!

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    heh..
    heh...
    Probably not. Even the humble 8088 and 8086 ran at 4.77MHz. Now, if you were talking about a Commodore 64 or an Apple ][, which ran MOS 6502 CPUs, you might be right. But as far as I know, Packard Bell has always been a PC clone manufacturer.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
    My first computer was a Vic 20.....I wore that thing out!

My first REAL computer was a Tandy 386SX/25 with a whopping 2mb of RAM and an 80mb HD. I remember thinking that I'd never fill up an 80mb HD.

I even remember seeing a double height 5 1/4" IBM hard drive which a whopping 10mb storage capacity! If you can remember the old 5 1/4" floppy drives with the flip down drive door, that's the same size as the HD I'm thinking of.

Now I carry hundreds of times more storage in my pocket on a daily basis.

Specs:
    Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
    My first PC was an 8088 with 640K ram, 5.25 floppy and 20MB Hard drive. No sound card. CGA graphics. Made by Epson. Good times playing games in white, red, blue and yellow colors.
    Portable DAP: iPod nano 4G 8GB (green)
    Headphones: Sennheiser HD485, Sennheiser PX-100W
    Computer: Aluminum iMac 24" 2.8GHz
    Mobile: iPhone 3G 16GB (black)

Specs:
    17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
    What's a hard drive? Is the first thing I asked when I heard the word. Cause my first computer Apple 512K didn't have a hard drive. Just a master floppy for the internal slot with the system on it and a external floppy drive for any programs you wanted to run.

the hard drives have some awesome magnets in them

recycle it. it's sure to have all sorts of nastiness in there.

i stayed away from computers for a long time - intentionally. had absolutely zero interest in owning one til about 1996 or so - got a dell with a PII 300mhz and 12 Gb hd (and windows 95 - yuk!).
    and now i'm in computer operations; go figure.
    Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
    ["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]

Thread Information