New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Ľ Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Ľ Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

And then in 24hrs. my life completely changes.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

xj6jaguar1985

xj6jaguar1985 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2

For the better...

So I heeded the brutal honesty of people on here to continue getting my Associate's Degree in Liberal Arts, I signed up for the 4 classes down here and I figured I'd ask my mother for the money, right?

I call her and she says:
"Eric, (Call me by Eric and I kill you. Only Mom and Dad call me Eric.) why are you wasting your time?"

Me: "What do you mean? I'm so close to finishing it, why don't I just finish it?"
Her: "Call New England Tech. Get your Associate's Degree in Automotive Engineering and then finish your Liberal Arts Degree while you have a decent job instead of futzing around down there in Florida."
*Pause*
Me: "You're right."

*Does research*
I didn't know New England Tech is #1 in the country for Automotive....And it's an actual degree, just like a Liberal Arts Degree is. Whereas most schools (Even ITT tech) is just a certificate.
It's the metaphorical equivalency of getting a degree from Harvard for automotive.
Me=Super excited.
I finally get to do something I love and only for $1650!!!!!!!!!!Tuition is going up TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS in a few months! That's how BADLY people want to go to this school! I'm glad I know someone there who "Found me a spot".

So I'd like to thank the people on here who contributed their $.02 in regards to what I should do with school. You'll never know how much it means to me.

Yes my name is Jaguar.
No, it is not a joke.
I don't find your "I'm a cheetah." joke funny.
QUOTE Thanks
BlueMac

BlueMac is a jewel in the roughBlueMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7

Good story, Eri-..... Jaguar

Flickr

Last.fm
Si, hablo Espa˝ol. Oui, je parle franšais. Yes, I speak English.
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

call me eric and i'll... oh, wait...

good luck with the school

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
leecho7

leecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really nice
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram

Cool Jag. I just hope your experiences in the automotive field are a lot better than mine.

Bismillah ihr Rhman ihr Raheem

The only way to truly learn and gain experience is from making mistakes.
Thats why I'm a friggin genius.
QUOTE Thanks
xj6jaguar1985

Mac Specs: 933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by leecho7 View Post
Cool Jag. I just hope your experiences in the automotive field are a lot better than mine.
What happened to you?

Yes my name is Jaguar.
No, it is not a joke.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Good luck with school Eric

I just realized that I've been in school for twenty years. Wow...

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

One suggestion - change degree to Martial Arts and take crap from no one!

Good luck and I won 't call you Eric, Eric !
QUOTE Thanks
lifeafter2am

lifeafter2am is a jewel in the roughlifeafter2am is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Unibody

Alright man congrats!

masakatsu agatsu

@lifeafter2am
QUOTE Thanks
xj6jaguar1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
One suggestion - change degree to Martial Arts and take crap from no one!

Good luck and I won 't call you Eric, Eric !
I have my Master's in that degree, working on my doctorate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeafter2am View Post
Alright man congrats!
I expect you to rub it in when I'm freezing my bottom off in January.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
Good luck with school Eric

I just realized that I've been in school for twenty years. Wow...
I envy your dedication and devotion to school. I have the mind for it, but the flesh is weak, very, very, very, very weak..Haha.

Yes my name is Jaguar.
No, it is not a joke.
QUOTE Thanks
lifeafter2am

lifeafter2am is a jewel in the roughlifeafter2am is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Unibody

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj6jaguar1985 View Post
I expect you to rub it in when I'm freezing my bottom off in January.
You mean when I am at the beach? No problem man!

masakatsu agatsu

@lifeafter2am
QUOTE Thanks
ncstatered21

ncstatered21 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Aluminum Macbook, 2.0 Ghz, 2GB ram, 160GB hard drive.

Congratulations! I'm going to either NC State or UNC Charlotte and I'm going to major in Computer Engineering or Mechanical Engineering. I already go into UNC Charlotte and waiting to hear back from NC State. If I get a Mechanical Engineering degree I can them go to the NASCAR Tech Institute and get some hands on experience and then possibly start working for a NASCAR team. Thats my possibilities at the moment. Sort of leaning toward Computer Engineering at the moment but who knows what will happen. Sorry if random just thought I'd share.

Xbox 360 gamertag: AoW buckeyenut

Currently playing: Gears of War 2
QUOTE Thanks
xj6jaguar1985

Just oneeeee little problem...
The cat I rescued has feline scabies.........They gave him an ivermectin shot and revolution and I'm supposed to bring him in on the 14th...This cat has to come back up north with me and I'm leaving 2 days after Christmas. I really, really, really hope the ivermectin helps. He's still scratching himself occasionally...Ugh.. ><

Yes my name is Jaguar.
No, it is not a joke.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Quote:
I envy your dedication and devotion to school. I have the mind for it, but the flesh is weak, very, very, very, very weak..Haha.
Oh no, I'm totally lazy. I'd just rather stay in school than go out into the workforce

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

Thanks for sharing that story!
QUOTE Thanks
leecho7

leecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really nice
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram

Quote:
What happened to you?
Well, I never had the pleasure of getting an actual degree in automotive maintenance. I got a couple of certifications instead.
I don't want to discourage you, but after working in the field for almost a decade now, I really can't stand my work anymore.
But then again, I never really was into cars in the first place, so hopefully you'll enjoy the line of work more than I do.

Good luck!

Bismillah ihr Rhman ihr Raheem

The only way to truly learn and gain experience is from making mistakes.
Thats why I'm a friggin genius.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« speed | Why College is so Important. (I hate being broke) »