New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Ľ Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Ľ Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Stairway to heaven. Backwards.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

BlueMac

BlueMac is a jewel in the roughBlueMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7

Very interesting.

YouTube - Led Zeppelin Stairway To Heaven Backwards

Flickr

Last.fm
Si, hablo Espa˝ol. Oui, je parle franšais. Yes, I speak English.
QUOTE Thanks
xj6jaguar1985

xj6jaguar1985 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2

Oh god this brings back memories haha...

I ALWAYS found this one to be creepier:

YouTube - The Beatles- Revolution 9 (Backwards)

and this one...:
YouTube - Beatles Backmasking

Dang Beatles...

Yes my name is Jaguar.
No, it is not a joke.
I don't find your "I'm a cheetah." joke funny.
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

wow, I heard a bunch of backwards music.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
xj6jaguar1985

Mac Specs: 933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
wow, I heard a bunch of backwards music.
Reminds ya of Kris Kross, eh?

Yes my name is Jaguar.
No, it is not a joke.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Jimi Hendrix did a lot of backwards stuff on especially his first album. Some was quite funny. One you could hear it going backwards when listening with a very low voice. You had to play it at 78 RPM to have the voice at the right pitch and it was funny as can be.
QUOTE Thanks
appleisgreat

appleisgreat is infamous around these parts

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that this is just an unplanned coincidence that the song backwards kind-of (and I use that term VERY loosely) sounds like the words someone wrote. I just dont see how one could plan for something like that...
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Depends on the song/group. Hendrix songs in parts were backwards right on the LP played forward. You can hear it and play it backwards the words are clear because that is the way it was recorded. Some though where you hear nothing wrong forward could be just coincidence.
QUOTE Thanks
xj6jaguar1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
Depends on the song/group. Hendrix songs in parts were backwards right on the LP played forward. You can hear it and play it backwards the words are clear because that is the way it was recorded. Some though where you hear nothing wrong forward could be just coincidence.
Example:

Are You Experienced?

Good call travis.

Yes my name is Jaguar.
No, it is not a joke.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

Yep! I was playing that song just the other day and ran it through Amadeus and had some fun. Brought back a lot of memories.
QUOTE Thanks
BlueMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleisgreat View Post
Is it just me, or does anyone else think that this is just an unplanned coincidence that the song backwards kind-of (and I use that term VERY loosely) sounds like the words someone wrote. I just dont see how one could plan for something like that...

You mean it is a great coincidence that he mentions Satan? And 666? I doubt it. A great mystery of music, it just makes the song even more legendary.

Flickr

Last.fm
QUOTE Thanks
appleisgreat

appleisgreat is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMac View Post
You mean it is a great coincidence that he mentions Satan? And 666? I doubt it. A great mystery of music, it just makes the song even more legendary.
All I am saying is that I dont see how this can be planned for. I think any creative person could sit down and play just about ANY song backwards and write down the "words" they thought they heard. Then with a little creativity, get them to look and sound like actual lyrics
QUOTE Thanks
MrArpeggi

MrArpeggi is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White Macbook - 2GHZ - 1GB RAM - 80GB HD - 500GB External HD - 8GB iPod Touch

Yeah i seen a Nirvana song played backwards on YouTube once, it was pretty creepy how the words actually made sense.

It has been said that something as small as the flutter of a butterfly's wing can ultimately cause a typhoon halfway around the world.
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

you know, the real creepy stuff in the music world isn't backwards masking, it's how performers like britany spears and ashley simpson have careers.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
BlueMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric View Post
you know, the real creepy stuff in the music world isn't backwards masking, it's how performers like britany spears and ashley simpson have careers.
And we have a winner!

Flickr

Last.fm
QUOTE Thanks
xj6jaguar1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric View Post
Agreed.
I remember watching Ashley Simpson get pwned on SNL. I laughed so, so, so hard.

Yes my name is Jaguar.
No, it is not a joke.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Need This Song | Don't buy into those FinallyFast.com commercials. »