New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Ľ Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Ľ Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Your Favourite Breakfast

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.8 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.5.8; G4 eMac 1.25, 2 Gb, OS 10.4.11

What is your favourite start to the culinary day? By that I mean the sort of breakfast that has you drooling in anticipation.

I don't mean the breakfast you know you have to eat, you've no other option, or the sort you know you should eat, whatever that might be, nor the one the dietitians tell you you should eat for health reasons. No, I mean the one for which you would almost die.

I treat myself to substantial breakfasts in w/ends, because I eat only twice a day. A personal choice, nothing else. What I look forward to is poached eggs on wholegrain toast, with leftover gravy from the Sat night roast as topping. I can leap tall buildings at a single bound after a breakfast like that.
QUOTE Thanks
Derek McNelly

Derek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" - 2.3 GHz Quad i7- 8GB RAM - 750GB Hybrid HD - OS X 10.8

I seriously just stumble into my kitchen at a random hour, grab food randomly, come back to my room, eat it, and then pass out.

MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz Quad i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB HHD - OS X 10.8
MacBook 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo - 4 GB RAM - 320 GB HDD - OS X 10.6

MoTM February 2009
QUOTE Thanks
lifeafter2am

lifeafter2am is a jewel in the roughlifeafter2am is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Unibody

French Toast ... I freaking love french toast!

masakatsu agatsu

@lifeafter2am
QUOTE Thanks
MrSin

MrSin is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: C2D 24-inch iMac; 14-inch iBook G4

I actually had to give this one some thought! My mouth watering breakfast starts out with eggs of course - not scrambled, good heavens, the only egg that should be scrambled is powdered eggs. I prefer my 3 eggs fried over medium, I like the white cooked but the yellow runny . There has to be some kind of potato, hash browns, home fries, etc.. Then there's meat, steak, pork chop, bacon & sausage, but there has to be some kind of meat. I also like bread, either toast with butter & jelly or biscuits with gravy, country gravy is a plus. Pancakes aren't necessary for me as they've never been a favorite of mine - generally too dry even with syrup. To drink, milk & coffee (leaded), none of that decaf stuff for me. OJ is nice occasionally but never required.

So, when's breakfast ?

~ Saving one animal won't change the world, but the world will change for that one animal. ~
QUOTE Thanks
LTfan

LTfan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 2GHz Core 2 Duo, 80 GB HD, 1 GB memory

big, thick buttermilk pancakes with butter and maple syrup. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

"Hey Anyung"
"Anyung"
QUOTE Thanks
xj6jaguar1985

xj6jaguar1985 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2

Lmao I'm such a pervert I can't answer this question. :x

Yes my name is Jaguar.
No, it is not a joke.
I don't find your "I'm a cheetah." joke funny.
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

Steak, medium-rare, 3 eggs (over-easy), hasbrowns - nice and crispy, toast (whole wheat, burnt), waffles, and a cup of black coffee/pint of Guinness.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj6jaguar1985 View Post
Lmao I'm such a pervert I can't answer this question. :x
And here you are thinking of getting a kitty cat you dirty devil you!

Fried eggs and bacon, french toast and tomato sauce and NOT icing sugar and cream as served in the States.
QUOTE Thanks
kkelly122

kkelly122 is a jewel in the roughkkelly122 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP l iPhone l iPod

pork roll w/ cheese and a fried egg on an english muffin
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Home maid blue berry waffles with maple syrup, and coffee. ^-^"
QUOTE Thanks
Santino

Santino is on a distinguished road

Cafe con leche and any cookie or biscuit i come across. Some croissant would be much appreciated.

Sory, but the sole idea of starting my day with fried eggs makes me nauseous

Intel iMac 24" 2.8Ghz / 4gb
PowerBook G4 12" 1.33Ghz / 1.25gb
2Gb Black iPod Nano 1G
Canon 30D, recently inherited!
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

a 'traditional' English breakfast. Scrambled eggs, rasher of bacon, sausages, baked beans, hash browns, and half a tomato. Needless to say I haven't had one in a very long time.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
BlueMac

BlueMac is a jewel in the roughBlueMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
a 'traditional' English breakfast. Scrambled eggs, rasher of bacon, sausages, baked beans, hash browns, and half a tomato. Needless to say I haven't had one in a very long time.
You have turned on my 'HUNGRY MUST EAT NOW' switch.

Flickr

Last.fm
Si, hablo Espa˝ol. Oui, je parle franšais. Yes, I speak English.
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMac View Post
You have turned on my 'HUNGRY MUST EAT NOW' switch.
if only I could easily find Heinz baked beans.. I might have to look.. and proper English bacon.. then I might introduce my wife (and kids) to this wondrous breakfast

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
BlueMac

BlueMac is a jewel in the roughBlueMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek McNelly View Post
I seriously just stumble into my kitchen at a random hour, grab food randomly, come back to my room, eat it, and then pass out.
Then you shower because you smelled like ramen noodles?

Flickr

Last.fm
Si, hablo Espa˝ol. Oui, je parle franšais. Yes, I speak English.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Who's your favorite Iron Chef? | People are absolutely disgusting! »