New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

People are absolutely disgusting!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

Read this without shaking your head at society: WalMart Black Friday stampede kills greeter employed by Long Island Store -- Newsday.com
QUOTE Thanks
lifeafter2am

lifeafter2am is a jewel in the roughlifeafter2am is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Unibody

Wow, just wow. Welcome to the consumerist nation, where people get angry when asked to stop shopping because someone has died.

masakatsu agatsu

@lifeafter2am
QUOTE Thanks
BlueMac

BlueMac is a jewel in the roughBlueMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7

This makes me upset to be an American.

Flickr

Last.fm
Si, hablo Español. Oui, je parle français. Yes, I speak English.
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

I'm glad you guys can agree with me on this.. Although I am not American myself, it still bothers the heck out of me!

So one dies, and several others get injured because a couple thousand people want a good deal? Grow up! It's not like good deals won't ever come around again!

Some one died for NOTHING!
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Hey, they really wanted to save 5 or 10% on their holiday shopping, isn't that worth a human life?? Seems to be to people these days.

It's a perfect example of mod mentality. One person can be courteous and smart, usually. But a group of are stupid, rude, crazy and dangerous. And this was only over shopping. Imagine what people would be like in a serious situation like a building on fire! It just shows how little we've really come from the apes swinging in the trees.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
lifeafter2am

lifeafter2am is a jewel in the roughlifeafter2am is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Unibody

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
Hey, they really wanted to save 5 or 10% on their holiday shopping, isn't that worth a human life?? Seems to be to people these days.

It's a perfect example of mod mentality. One person can be courteous and smart, usually. But a group of are stupid, rude, crazy and dangerous. And this was only over shopping. Imagine what people would be like in a serious situation like a building on fire! It just shows how little we've really come from the apes swinging in the trees.
Actually, I was going to mention something similar in my original reply. This just lends to the research in social psychology on similar topics (Bystander Apathy, Ache's conformity experiment, Social Identity Theory, Diffusion of Responsibility, etc).

masakatsu agatsu

@lifeafter2am
QUOTE Thanks
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.8 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.5.8; G4 eMac 1.25, 2 Gb, OS 10.4.11

Do you in the US have 'lolly scrambles' for children? If you want to see kids in training for what happened at the WalMart scene, look no further than a lolly scramble at a school picnic or children's birthday party.
QUOTE Thanks
Forum Shark

Forum Shark is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Base Model MacBook (White from early 2008)

I saw that. Honestly...HOW STUPID CAN YOU BE?!? How can you not notice you stepped on someone?!? And if you did notice, wouldn't you stop and say "Hey, sorry" or "Whoops" or, heck, "What're you doing down there, idiot?" It literally makes me sick.

Please follow me to Twitter! http://twitter.com/ForumShark
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurya View Post

That reminds me of another, completely OT, quote I read somewhere recently:

"The death of one person is a tragedy, the death of a million people is a statistic."

As I always say, individuals are smart, people are stupid.

This has nothing to do with being an American, it has to do with Western Consumerist culture in general and could have easily happened anywhere in the Western World.

QUOTE Thanks
shane82388

shane82388 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.2GHz Mac Book Pro (4GB RAM) - 23" HD Cinema Display - New Wireless Keyboard/Mouse - iPhone

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss View Post
That reminds me of another, completely OT, quote I read somewhere recently:

"The death of one person is a tragedy, the death of a million people is a statistic."

As I always say, individuals are smart, people are stupid.

This has nothing to do with being an American, it has to do with Western Consumerist culture in general and could have easily happened anywhere in the Western World.
I agree with that. I guess its kinda in-style to hate on America these days but really its not just those "idiot Americans." The rest of the western world is not sooo far and above the knuckle draggers in the states that its impossible for them to be involved in something like this. Your country of origin doesn't really determine your ability to reason, be logical or get sucked into the hysteria of a nationwide day of big sales. I'm not condoning the incident, im just saying anyone could of been part of it, anywhere, its not just because it happened within the imaginary boundaries of the USA.
QUOTE Thanks
xj6jaguar1985

xj6jaguar1985 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2

You know what....
I'm going to speak completely off the cuff even if everyone completely disagrees with me.

I have done A LOT of social research about America and how it has been "Dumbed down" by Television, and how utterly reliant Americans are on television. We as Americans have become nothing short of sheep, mindlessly following whatever the television preaches to us : BUY THIS, BUY THAT, SUPPORT THIS, DON'T SUPPORT THAT.

All we care about is money and material possessions. People in general are sick, cruel human beings. Yes there are exceptions, but I'm making a generalization. We're hypocrites - we condone Asian countries for eating dogs and cats while we dig into steak and pork. We have become a society wholly dependent upon the all-mighty dollar and the possessions it ensues. This article and event is a great representation of this. No, we don't care about our fellow humans, WE NEED THAT ROLLBACK PRICE! WE NEED THAT POSSESSION, IF WE DON'T GET IT, WE RIOT! Remember the tickle me Elmos? It's utterly pathetic, and downright disgusting. I do NOT celebrate Christmas because it's nothing short of a materialistic holiday. Sorry to you people who celebrate Christmas for the passing of our lord Jesus Christ, but he has been pushed aside for this year's new Tickle me Elmo. Every day I read something that makes me even more disgusted with the human race, and sadly I'm not surprised by this event at Wal-Mart in the least...In fact I EXPECT IT to happen. Call me nuts, a radical, whatever you want to call me. All I know is common decency and respect is a bygone in a sex, money and material-crazed society.
Look, material possessions are nice...But it's not the world.
I love my Jaguar,
my laptop
and iPod....
But I would be fine without them. I would live, they're nothing short of material possessions...THERE IS A WHOLE WORLD OUT THERE. WHY DON'T YOU WRITE A POEM TO YOUR LOVED ONES ABOUT HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU...WHY DOES AN XBOX HAVE TO REPRESENT HOW MUCH YOU LOVE SOMEONE.

WAKE UP PEOPLE.

Yes my name is Jaguar.
No, it is not a joke.
I don't find your "I'm a cheetah." joke funny.
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Ironic.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
Andy348

Andy348 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.1 Ghz 4GB RAM 120GB HDD, iPod Touch 16GB, iPod Shuffle 1GB, BB 8130

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj6jaguar1985 View Post

WAKE UP PEOPLE.
lol pepsi commercial
QUOTE Thanks
MacBookPro

MacBookPro is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.4ghz/200gb/2gb/15.4"+ Tons of Windows PC's

YouTube - Store Worker Trampled, Dies

I don't know what is more horrifying. The fact that only a few seemed to care about the guy or that laughter can be heard in the clip. I am so appalled that I can hear laughter in the background around 1:33. Those people laughing are so sick. They didn't help and they even criticized the cops who were actualy trying to save the guy while those people laughed and did nothing to help. If they thought the cops weren't doing a good enough job, then they should have done it themselves. According to Bloomberg, Some people were even asked to leave by store workers and they just continued to shop without any consideration at all. Those miserable brats were more concerned getting a brand new samsung cameras with 1 trillion megapixels and their 100 billion inch lcd tv rather than a life which can't be brought back. Then there are others who decide to go in a shootout at a Toys-R-Us store which was probably filled with kids and even babies. What has this society come to???

Whatever it is, you get it on eBay..................

eBay is full of it.
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

If that's a video of the guy who died, I don't want to see it. Someone videotaping a guy getting stomped to death, posting it on youtube, and people watching it is about as sick as if you had stepped on his head yourself.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Your Favourite Breakfast | What is Your Mac's Name? »