New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

People are absolutely disgusting!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

xj6jaguar1985

xj6jaguar1985 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeafter2am View Post
T
I agree though, that this behavior really doesn't shock me so much anymore, it just further proves the research that I study and conduct. And yes, it is sad that we have come to expect this of each other.

Are you kidding? I think the "old farts" get the most respect at shows, at least back when I was still in that scene!
Don't forget the "Bystander Effect". When NYU students simulated a rape on the streets of Manhattan and people just walked right by it. I love psychology, that's why I'm such a nutjob.

Yeah I'm 180 LBS and I have a lil' gut going on now...I consider myself an old fart, but seeing Eric Clapton 3rd row in was....absolutely....*DROOL*

Yes my name is Jaguar.
No, it is not a joke.
I don't find your "I'm a cheetah." joke funny.
QUOTE Thanks
lifeafter2am

lifeafter2am is a jewel in the roughlifeafter2am is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Unibody

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj6jaguar1985 View Post
Don't forget the "Bystander Effect". When NYU students simulated a rape on the streets of Manhattan and people just walked right by it. I love psychology, that's why I'm such a nutjob.

Yeah I'm 180 LBS and I have a lil' gut going on now...I consider myself an old fart, but seeing Eric Clapton 3rd row in was....absolutely....*DROOL*
Yeah it is also called bystander apathy and has a lot to do with diffusion of responsibility. But yes, in this case they people just watching the guy get trampled definitely were suffering from this effect.

masakatsu agatsu

@lifeafter2am
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Bagss,
I see where you're coming from and I did LOL at your comment, but understand this happens in all industrialized, 1st world countries and I was using the US as an example. People are too selfish nowadays and it's pathetic.
Agreed. Many folks are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khris View Post
Those in glass houses......
Um..yeah...ok...

QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

Quote:
Hahahaha If I had a dollar for every nose I've bro-....I mean....
Put it this way, I have it down to a science
QUOTE Thanks
dabears34

dabears34 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBookPro View Post
YouTube - Store Worker Trampled, Dies

I don't know what is more horrifying. The fact that only a few seemed to care about the guy or that laughter can be heard in the clip. I am so appalled that I can hear laughter in the background around 1:33. Those people laughing are so sick. They didn't help and they even criticized the cops who were actualy trying to save the guy while those people laughed and did nothing to help. If they thought the cops weren't doing a good enough job, then they should have done it themselves. According to Bloomberg, Some people were even asked to leave by store workers and they just continued to shop without any consideration at all. Those miserable brats were more concerned getting a brand new samsung cameras with 1 trillion megapixels and their 100 billion inch lcd tv rather than a life which can't be brought back. Then there are others who decide to go in a shootout at a Toys-R-Us store which was probably filled with kids and even babies. What has this society come to???
Thats hard to watch.... I wish people would wake up. Think about that man who lost his life. His family wont have him around for the holidays because some people "needed" some super deals for their families.
QUOTE Thanks
Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic is on a distinguished road

This is a trajedy, but it's not like America and the West have a monopoly on stampedes.

950 Die in Pilgrims' Stampede on Baghdad Bridge

Panicked pilgrims stampede; 145 dead | The San Diego Union-Tribune

Pilgrims stampede at hajj stoning ritual, killing at least 345 | Deseret News (Salt Lake City) | Find Articles at BNET
QUOTE Thanks
lifeafter2am

lifeafter2am is a jewel in the roughlifeafter2am is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Unibody

Quote:
when rumors of a suicide bomber provoked a frenzied stampede in a procession of Shiite pilgrims as they crossed a bridge in northern Baghdad, government and hospital officials said.
A LITTLE bit different than racing to get that first Wii or Plasma T.V.

masakatsu agatsu

@lifeafter2am
QUOTE Thanks
tkim

tkim will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive

I find this type of behavior appalling. I was watching G4 yesterday and they showed a clip of people at Wal-Mart fighting over an xbox 360 bundled with Guitar Hero 2. In the clip, there was this seemingly nice old lady shoving people out of the way to grab one and she was yelling at someone else.

The video was kind of blurry but it just made me shake my head. Do these people not realize how stupid they are acting? Obviously not or they wouldn't be acting that way. But I wonder if they would act that way if they could actually see themselves and how they are acting..

And again, all in the name of Christmas...

Use not abuse the rep system!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Your Favourite Breakfast | What is Your Mac's Name? »