Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Specs:
    933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeafter2am View Post
    T
    I agree though, that this behavior really doesn't shock me so much anymore, it just further proves the research that I study and conduct. And yes, it is sad that we have come to expect this of each other.

Are you kidding? I think the "old farts" get the most respect at shows, at least back when I was still in that scene!
    Don't forget the "Bystander Effect". When NYU students simulated a rape on the streets of Manhattan and people just walked right by it. I love psychology, that's why I'm such a nutjob.

Yeah I'm 180 LBS and I have a lil' gut going on now...I consider myself an old fart, but seeing Eric Clapton 3rd row in was....absolutely....*DROOL*
    Yes my name is Jaguar.
    No, it is not a joke.
    I don't find your "I'm a cheetah." joke funny.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro Unibody
    Quote Originally Posted by xj6jaguar1985 View Post
    Don't forget the "Bystander Effect". When NYU students simulated a rape on the streets of Manhattan and people just walked right by it. I love psychology, that's why I'm such a nutjob.

Yeah I'm 180 LBS and I have a lil' gut going on now...I consider myself an old fart, but seeing Eric Clapton 3rd row in was....absolutely....*DROOL*
    Yeah it is also called bystander apathy and has a lot to do with diffusion of responsibility. But yes, in this case they people just watching the guy get trampled definitely were suffering from this effect.
    masakatsu agatsu

@lifeafter2am

Specs:
    27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
    Bagss,
    I see where you're coming from and I did LOL at your comment, but understand this happens in all industrialized, 1st world countries and I was using the US as an example. People are too selfish nowadays and it's pathetic.
    Agreed. Many folks are.

Quote Originally Posted by Khris View Post
    Those in glass houses......
    Um..yeah...ok...

Specs:
    Custom PC
    Hahahaha If I had a dollar for every nose I've bro-....I mean....
    Put it this way, I have it down to a science

Specs:
    Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4
    Quote Originally Posted by MacBookPro View Post
    YouTube - Store Worker Trampled, Dies

I don't know what is more horrifying. The fact that only a few seemed to care about the guy or that laughter can be heard in the clip. I am so appalled that I can hear laughter in the background around 1:33. Those people laughing are so sick. They didn't help and they even criticized the cops who were actualy trying to save the guy while those people laughed and did nothing to help. If they thought the cops weren't doing a good enough job, then they should have done it themselves. According to Bloomberg, Some people were even asked to leave by store workers and they just continued to shop without any consideration at all. Those miserable brats were more concerned getting a brand new samsung cameras with 1 trillion megapixels and their 100 billion inch lcd tv rather than a life which can't be brought back. Then there are others who decide to go in a shootout at a Toys-R-Us store which was probably filled with kids and even babies. What has this society come to???
    Thats hard to watch.... I wish people would wake up. Think about that man who lost his life. His family wont have him around for the holidays because some people "needed" some super deals for their families.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro Unibody
    when rumors of a suicide bomber provoked a frenzied stampede in a procession of Shiite pilgrims as they crossed a bridge in northern Baghdad, government and hospital officials said.
    A LITTLE bit different than racing to get that first Wii or Plasma T.V.
    masakatsu agatsu

@lifeafter2am

Specs:
    Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive
    I find this type of behavior appalling. I was watching G4 yesterday and they showed a clip of people at Wal-Mart fighting over an xbox 360 bundled with Guitar Hero 2. In the clip, there was this seemingly nice old lady shoving people out of the way to grab one and she was yelling at someone else.

The video was kind of blurry but it just made me shake my head. Do these people not realize how stupid they are acting? Obviously not or they wouldn't be acting that way. But I wonder if they would act that way if they could actually see themselves and how they are acting..

And again, all in the name of Christmas...
    Use not abuse the rep system!

Thread Information