New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Anyone need a boxee invite?

Thread Closed

ardillo9344

ardillo9344 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook White 2.0 GHz 320GB HD 2GB RAM PowerMac G4 Quicksilver 733MHz 80GB HD iPhone 3G 16GB Black

I'm not looking to make anything off of these, but I was just wanted to know if anyone wanted to try it out without waiting for it to be fully released.
Santino

Santino is on a distinguished road

How do you like it? I heard a couple of things but don't know if i would have the time to really mess with it.

Intel iMac 24" 2.8Ghz / 4gb
PowerBook G4 12" 1.33Ghz / 1.25gb
2Gb Black iPod Nano 1G
Canon 30D, recently inherited!
ardillo9344

Mac Specs: MacBook White 2.0 GHz 320GB HD 2GB RAM PowerMac G4 Quicksilver 733MHz 80GB HD iPhone 3G 16GB Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santino View Post
How do you like it? I heard a couple of things but don't know if i would have the time to really mess with it.
I actually really like it. It used to be really bad for Mac, but a new update came out and it's actually pretty good now.
Blizare

Blizare can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 14gb ram 24" LED Cd & 23" Cd

please and thank you

blizare at gmail dot com
ardillo9344

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizare View Post
please and thank you

blizare at gmail dot com
SENT
mdfuller

mdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15-inch MacBook Pro

If you have an extra!
ardillo9344

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdfuller View Post
If you have an extra!
Ok I will send one. Just pm me with your email address
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.4-MacMini3,1:10.9.4-iPhone6,1:7.1.2

boxee rocks. Once you get the hang of it, installing new software on the AppleTV is a snap. The boxee forums folks are pretty laid back too - haven't seem any Techie Snobs posting there yet.

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." Henry Spencer
dakineyj

dakineyj will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5

I signed up for boxee. They said they'd get back to me within 2 weeks. Do these invites let you jump to the front of the line??
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.4-MacMini3,1:10.9.4-iPhone6,1:7.1.2

Took me about 3 weeks for an invite. They are very busy right now because of the recent AppleTV 2.3 update. I'm sure they will hit you soon - they send them out on Mondays.

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." Henry Spencer
ardillo9344

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakineyj View Post
I signed up for boxee. They said they'd get back to me within 2 weeks. Do these invites let you jump to the front of the line??
Yes they do
LazySunday

LazySunday is on a distinguished road

I would really appreciate if you could send over an invite. Please email to no1pencil@aol.com. Thanks in advance.
Blizare

Blizare can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 14gb ram 24" LED Cd & 23" Cd

Thanks for the invite.

After trying it for a few minutes and realizing it won't let me watch Family Guy in Canada.....Thats pretty disappointing.

But I did click on The incredible Hulf Movie and within 10 seconds it started playing it albeit a bit grainy but hey, it worked.

Then I clicked esc and i froze on me

Only when you understand why you dismiss all other gods, will you then realize why I dismiss yours

-MacPro-Macbook Air-IMac-Mac Mini-Powerbook Ti-
ChicagoOutfit

ChicagoOutfit is on a distinguished road

Aargh... any left?

ardillo9344

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoOutfit View Post
Aargh... any left?

yup, just sent yours

Thread Closed

« Any fishers will be helpful! | 2 Purchases with ADC Student membership »