New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Ran out of things

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

I have ran out of things to do with my MacBook. All I seem to do is browse the web. What are some suggestions for me to make my Mac more interesting again?
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Browsing the web and taking class notes is all I really do with it nowadays too. My media center handles my other computing tasks such as watching videos, listening to music, and playing games. My Macbook handles all of my photos, so I guess I use it for more than mundane tasks every once in a while.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
CurtisJC

CurtisJC is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MB 2.1GHz, 4Gb RAM, 120Gb white

I sometimes just put it to sleep and look at how peaceful and beautiful it is. the pulsating light. the smooth texture...

Just joking , subscribe to loads of RSS that'll keep you busy

My mum is lvl 70 in WoW, how cool is she
A PC you say, eww don't touch it, it may have rabies
To be followed http://twitter.com/CurtisJC
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

If you're bored with your computer, then I would suggest putting it down and doing something that doesn't involve the computer.

Go outside. Read a book. Exercise. Meet with an old friend. Anything that doesn't involve your computer.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
tkim

tkim will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive

Get a new gadget that draws your attention and time away from your macbook. Once that new gadget gets boring, go back to your macbook and it'll be like falling in love all over again...

Use not abuse the rep system!
QUOTE Thanks
Jaygray

Jaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD

I enjoy helping other people solve their Mac problems on Mac-Forums...
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

I agree with D3v1L80Y, get out of the house. To say it in another words. There is more to life than computers.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

Buy/build a PC
QUOTE Thanks
davidsword

davidsword is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13"/2.0Ghz/4GB/80GB/White Macbook

take up html and server-side programming
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.4-MacMini3,1:10.9.4-iPhone6,1:7.1.2

Toss Linux on the system and become familiar with an OS which is becoming more relevant on a daily basis.

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y View Post
If you're bored with your computer, then I would suggest putting it down and doing something that doesn't involve the computer.

Go outside. Read a book. Exercise. Meet with an old friend. Anything that doesn't involve your computer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rman View Post
I agree with D3v1L80Y, get out of the house. To say it in another words. There is more to life than computers.
Well of course guys! You two making it sound like I have no life or something! Haha.
QUOTE Thanks
cuhnool

cuhnool is a jewel in the roughcuhnool is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkArt View Post
Buy/build a PC
now *that* would be a fun hobby! I was actually thinking about building onto my old desktop PC. It has 512MB of RAM and a Pentium 4 processor. Don't know the HD capacity. But yeah I opened it up and all I saw were wires. It really did look like a homemade bomb, to be honestly blunt.

--

Whenever I get bored with the computer, I sleep!

QUOTE Thanks
CurtisJC

CurtisJC is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MB 2.1GHz, 4Gb RAM, 120Gb white

Learn ALL the terminal commands, using the terminal is soo cool.

I use it to compile and run all my Java programs

heres something to start you off
Attached Files
File Type: pdf unix.pdf (25.9 KB, 0 views)

My mum is lvl 70 in WoW, how cool is she
A PC you say, eww don't touch it, it may have rabies
To be followed http://twitter.com/CurtisJC
QUOTE Thanks
Derek McNelly

Derek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" - 2.3 GHz Quad i7- 8GB RAM - 750GB Hybrid HD - OS X 10.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman View Post
There is more to life than computers.
NO!

I refuse to accept it.

MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz Quad i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB HHD - OS X 10.8
MacBook 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo - 4 GB RAM - 320 GB HDD - OS X 10.6

MoTM February 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Jaygray

Jaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkArt View Post
Buy/build a PC
Build a Hackintosh. (yes, i know you're not supposed to)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Have Fun | Looking for a "Dock Bumpersticker" »