New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Ľ Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Ľ Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Ugh, I needs me a new phone and you can help me choose!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Derek McNelly

Derek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" - 2.3 GHz Quad i7- 8GB RAM - 750GB Hybrid HD - OS X 10.8

I know I posted a thread about haggling earlier, but my attempts seem to have failed.

T-Mobile wants $450 for a BlackBerry Curve, which seems a bit ridiculous.

I found a Nokia N95 for $370, which is my current front runner, but I also found an HTC S621 for $300.

The big thing for the N95 is the Camera and the Multimedia player, but it lacks a QWERTY keyboard, which I've grown used to.

The S261 has a full keyboard and Windows Mobile (which can be a good or bad thing), but the camera is only 1.3 megapixels with what is probably a lousy lens.

Basically, I'm weighing the pros and cons of the N95 and the HTC set, and I'd like your input.

I've made it a poll, but other suggestions are welcome!

NOTE: I am not canceling my contract to get an iPhone. I do not care for it, nor do I care for the cost of AT&T's plans.

MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz Quad i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB HHD - OS X 10.8
MacBook 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo - 4 GB RAM - 320 GB HDD - OS X 10.6

MoTM February 2009
QUOTE Thanks
BlueMac

BlueMac is a jewel in the roughBlueMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7

Get a Palm Centro

Flickr

Last.fm
Si, hablo Espa˝ol. Oui, je parle franšais. Yes, I speak English.
QUOTE Thanks
Derek McNelly

Derek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" - 2.3 GHz Quad i7- 8GB RAM - 750GB Hybrid HD - OS X 10.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMac View Post
Get a Palm Centro
While not a bad suggestion by any means, my iPod is dying and my phone lacks a camera. If I can consolidate three gadgets down to one, that would probably be the ultimate solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric View Post
get a cheap phone with no data plan, save the money and move out of your dangerous neighborhood.
*shakes fist*

MoTM February 2009
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

get a cheap phone with no data plan, save the money and move out of your dangerous neighborhood.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

HTC - High-Tech Crap
QUOTE Thanks
BlueMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek McNelly View Post
While not a bad suggestion by any means, my iPod is dying and my phone lacks a camera. If I can consolidate three gadgets down to one, that would probably be the ultimate solution.

I believe it has all those features

Flickr

Last.fm
QUOTE Thanks
BlueMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkArt View Post
HTC - High-Tech Crap
HAHA.

Flickr

Last.fm
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek McNelly View Post
*shakes fist*
HA!

how'd you travel though time to post it before i did?

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
Derek McNelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkArt View Post
HTC - High-Tech Crap
I knew that was coming from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMac View Post
I believe it has all those features
Well, it does, but the camera is only 1.3 MP, there's no 3.5mm headphone jack, and I'm not too fond of the Palm OS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric View Post
HA!

how'd you travel though time to post it before i did?
I didn't! The board must have glitched out.

MoTM February 2009
QUOTE Thanks
ViriiGuy

ViriiGuy will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro | 2.8Ghz C2D | 4 Gigs Ram | 512 Meg 9600 GT | 320 Gig Hdd

Why not just buy an iPhone. It has a camera, is a phone AND an iPod. Plus GPS and everything else you can imagine.
QUOTE Thanks
Derek McNelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViriiGuy View Post
Why not just buy an iPhone. It has a camera, is a phone AND an iPod. Plus GPS and everything else you can imagine.
It would also require me to shell out:

$200 Early Termination Fee to T-Mobile
$200 for iPhone
$100 a month for service

Plus, AT&T has some of the crappiest customer service I've ever had. There's a reason I went to T-Mobile.

MoTM February 2009
QUOTE Thanks
ViriiGuy

ViriiGuy will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro | 2.8Ghz C2D | 4 Gigs Ram | 512 Meg 9600 GT | 320 Gig Hdd

Originally when I posted. prior to seeing your earlier statement as to not buying one

What I meant was buy one and a sim unlocker card. Then use it on T-Mobile's service. But still prolly more than you want to spend.

At least you are not stuck with Roger's service!! We can't even get 3G yet.
QUOTE Thanks
Derek McNelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViriiGuy View Post
What I meant was buy one and a sim unlocker card. Then use it on T-Mobile's service. But still prolly more than you want to spend.
Plus the SIM unlocker cards are kinda patchy when it comes to whether they work or not.

MoTM February 2009
QUOTE Thanks
PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

Are there times when you indecisive?
QUOTE Thanks
kylen721

kylen721 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.0ghz Core Duo 1 Gig Ram 80Gig HD, iMac 2.4ghz Core 2 Duo 1gig RAM 320gig HD

I was just looking at t-mobile phones and the new samsung behold looks kind of neat. it is touch screen, mp3, and 5mp camera.. I have a first gen iphone unlocked on t-mobile but I am thinking about buying the samsung just for fun to see how it stacks up. I would love the 5mp camera on it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« what computer do you have | Hahah Read This!! Really, Read It. »