New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

E-Mailing attachment via iphoto straight to Mail

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

omegajps

omegajps is on a distinguished road

Hi Guys

I'm new to the world of Mac and loving it since I moved from PC.

I'm learning as I go on but one thing I can't seem to crack is the issue with e-mailing events/photos from iphoto via the e-mail click button straight into the Mail programme.

The issue i'm experiencing is that when i click on an event i.e that contains 9 pictures and I click the "e-mail" symbol at the bottom of the screen to open up mail with the new composed message, the images are contained within the e-mail itself as opposed to an attachment file. I tried this as a test message by clicking send to e-mail to my works address but upon checking this morning the images are contained visible within the e-mail and are not there as an attachment.

Looking to put this right, so all help is appreciated.

Many thanks

Jonathan
QUOTE Thanks
Jaygray

Jaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD

This is an issue with Mail, not with iPhoto. The Mail app insists on displaying photos as pictures instead of attachments. To save them, you would need to highlight the photos in the received email, right click, and select save. To prevent this issue while composing the email, select the photo from within the email, right click and select 'view as icon'.

With small photos, or with just a single attachment, it's not that big of a deal. But if an email contains many photos, it's a pain.

Fortunately, there is hope. Try Lokiware: Mail Attachments Iconizer It works well and will correct this behavior. It will add a tab to the Mail Preferences, which allows you to address this bahavior properly.
QUOTE Thanks
omegajps

omegajps is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your help with this. Much appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
KeithTeeple

KeithTeeple is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Or, you can simply open up Mail, open up the message window, click Attach and find the files you want right under the Photos section of your Mac.

Press any key to continue, or any other key to cancel.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary
and those who don't.
QUOTE Thanks
suereinberg

suereinberg is on a distinguished road

I have a mac and i'm emailing jpg files (photos) using iphoto to a pc user. The pc user says when they receive email they can see that the email has attachment but as soon as they open up the email the photos are embedded in the email and they can't find the paperclip to open and save the photo.

Does anyone know what is wrong here?

thanks
sue
QUOTE Thanks
electricianron

electricianron will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac, 4GB RAM, 1TB HD, OS X 10.6.6, iPod Classic 160GB, iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by suereinberg View Post
I have a mac and i'm emailing jpg files (photos) using iphoto to a pc user. The pc user says when they receive email they can see that the email has attachment but as soon as they open up the email the photos are embedded in the email and they can't find the paperclip to open and save the photo.

Does anyone know what is wrong here?

thanks
sue
Yes, they have a PC.

HA HA.

Classic Electric, LLC -- Serving Most of NJ
License #16557
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple Online Store | Isaac Asimov »