New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

HD Monitor question.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

leecho7

leecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really nice
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram

Hey this is for you guys who are familiar with HD components and all that good stuff.
Currently, I have a Gateway HD 2200 monitor that I use for gaming. I have my Xbox 360 hooked up to it via HDMI, and a 2.1 gaming speakers from Altec Lansing. It works like a charm.
I'm thinking about hooking up my PS2 to the same monitor but as I checked the rear, the gateway monitor has the three video component inputs, but no audio. The picture comes up great, but its a drag that there's no sound.
Is there a way to get the sound hooked up given that the only inputs my monitor has are HDMI, DVI-D, Component Video (no Audio), and a green input for external speakers? Or will I just have to find an old tv and hook it up via A/V?

Bismillah ihr Rhman ihr Raheem

The only way to truly learn and gain experience is from making mistakes.
Thats why I'm a friggin genius.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Easiest and least messy would be to get some computer speakers that allow for multiple inputs. I have a little higher end (several years old now) powered 5.1 setup with 5 inputs on them. Have connected the computer, Xbox, and satellite, all of which run through the same monitor. You should be able to find a 2.1 system in the $75-$100 range with at least dual inputs.

edit: May not be easy after I went looking around. Looks like the Bose Series 2 fit the bill. Found a couple of others under a hundred on a quick look,but only had a 2nd input for like an ipod,so probably only a 1/8" stereo input. Although, you could probably get a RCA to 1/8" cable or an adapter that would work for those.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
leecho7

leecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really nice
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram

Thanks for the info, will definitely give that a try.

Bismillah ihr Rhman ihr Raheem

The only way to truly learn and gain experience is from making mistakes.
Thats why I'm a friggin genius.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Haggling with a cell phone provider on handset price? | ipod now in orbit »