Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Specs:
    Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
    Quote Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
    I find it amusing that you assume you're the only person who's "experienced firearms in serious use".
    Can't say I really read it that way.
    Portable DAP: iPod nano 4G 8GB (green)
    Headphones: Sennheiser HD485, Sennheiser PX-100W
    Computer: Aluminum iMac 24" 2.8GHz
    Mobile: iPhone 3G 16GB (black)

Specs:
    Way... way too many specs to list.
    the implication was that anyone who has would agree with him Simply not the case, many of us are perfectly capable of drawing our own conclusions from our experiences
    mike
    This machine kills fascists
    Got # ? phear the command line!

Specs:
    20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
    Quote Originally Posted by seodeveloping View Post
    Glock 40 9mm.
    What's a Glock 40 9mm? I'm not familiar with that model.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by brianwmay View Post
    cwa107, I appreciate your comment and guidance, but surely the whole point of this section is 'Anything Goes'.
    But the forum rules still apply, it doesn't mean that we'll allow a thread to degrade into petty bickering or an outright flame war.

None of it is offensive, rude or provocative - there ARE strong feelings, both for those that FEEL the necessity to carry due to circumstances they feel are beyond their ability to change, and those of us who have experienced firearms in serious use and have also been coloured by our experiences.
    Right, and if it did, it would be closed. To prevent that, I issued a friendly reminder in an attempt to steer it back on track.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to take it up with me in PM.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    13" macbook(white)
    i have a walther p99 and an fn p90
    http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo117/grannyshiftersti/unamused-1.jpg

Specs:
    Alumibook 2.4, 4GB | 1TB Time Capsule | 30GB Video iPod
    There are plenty of forums, papers, and studies done on the subject. If you want an opinion on the subject there are better resources and places to look and state your opinion than here.

That being said, a couple pages back someone (maybe the OP) said he was looking for a Sig. That's a great choice! I had one of those old German issue pistols from the 70's. I got it, used and abused, and it worked great!

There have been random issues with the newer .45 models and their .22 lr's so buyer beware, but they are good pistols. Check out SIGforum.com --A discussion forum for SIG enthusiasts for more information on them.

I couldn't use them because of their size and weight. Well I could use them for shooting perfectly fine, actually they are great for target shooting, but for carrying just a bit impractical when there are so many quality polymer's out there.

Specs:
    MacBookAir5,2:10.9.5-MacMini3,1:10.9.5-iPhone6,1:8.4.1
    Yeah. My FN FiveseveN in Dark Earth Brown is on it's way!
    Never judge a man, untill you have walked a mile in his shoes...
    That way you'll be a mile away from him, and you'll have his shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by brianwmay View Post
    I would not deem to 'tell' people what to do, but my friendly advice is - if you NEED to carry, then you are spending time in the wrong places. Perhaps you should consider very carefully what is the reason or justification to carry a weapon - of any kind.
    Honestly, I understand and agree with this to a certain degree, but I am outdoors type person who likes to fish and camp (haven't done much hunting, yet) and when I am bank fishing for flathead catfish until 4am-5am along the river (sometimes by myself) it really is nice to have the security along with me, just in case. After all, the three rivers in Pittsburgh do not run through all the greatest locations.

Specs:
    15" MBP 2.66ghz i7, 8gbram, 1tb hdd
    **Official Weapons Thread**
    I have 3 AR15s, an actual M4, a Steyr Aug, a Springfield XDSC 40, Walther P22 w/Silencer and Walther PK380. The Walthers are a one of a kind set with matching serial #s . All of my handguns have viridian green laser sights. Same goes for my rifles. Viridian is the best and theres no debating green is THE BEST color for a laser.

Specs:
    Custom PC
    Quote Originally Posted by David A View Post
    For what it is worth, I just appreciate the idea that I'd rather have a gun and not need it rather than need a gun and not have it.

Thanks for the feed back. I'm looking at some Sigs.
    The same reaason I want to spend $26k for a private helicopter license.. When the zombies hit, you're gonna need some one who knows how to fly..

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by 95M3Fanatic View Post
    I have 3 AR15s, an actual M4, a Steyr Aug, a Springfield XDSC 40, Walther P22 w/Silencer and Walther PK380. The Walthers are a one of a kind set with matching serial #s . All of my handguns have viridian green laser sights. Same goes for my rifles. Viridian is the best and theres no debating green is THE BEST color for a laser.
    You live in Maryland (of all gun-unfriendly States) and have an actual NFA-taxed FN-Herstal M4 carbine with a 14.5" barrel and select-fire goodness? That's pretty incredible if you are not a LEO or active-duty military personnel. How did you pull that one off if I may ask?

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Audio.Trench View Post
    The same reaason I want to spend $26k for a private helicopter license.. When the zombies hit, you're gonna need some one who knows how to fly..
    Dawn of the Dead reference. Awesome!

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by Audio.Trench View Post
    Ha ha! Gonna need to know someone who has a helicopter as well (unless you have one)!

What happens when the vampires hit...aren't they supposed to be able to fly???

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Specs:
    15" MBP 2.66ghz i7, 8gbram, 1tb hdd
    Quote Originally Posted by XJ-linux View Post
    You live in Maryland (of all gun-unfriendly States) and have an actual NFA-taxed FN-Herstal M4 carbine with a 14.5" barrel and select-fire goodness? That's pretty incredible if you are not a LEO or active-duty military personnel. How did you pull that one off if I may ask?

I'm military. I am currently in the process of acquiring a 1928 Thompson SMG

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by 95M3Fanatic View Post
    I'm military. I am currently in the process of acquiring a 1928 Thompson SMG
    Interesting. I wasn't aware that they changed the law. M4's are not sold or resold to civilians, even military personal and law enforcement. The military discontinued allowing war-fighting arms to be retained off base in 1993 a la Clinton. All private citizens are prohibited from personally owning fully automatic weapons manufactured after 1986 a la Reagan. Non-military governmental agencies may obtain and issue to their employees, but retain ownership and estate custody. It must have been an interesting purchase.

ATF Online - Firearms - National Firearms Act (NFA)

A 1928 Thompson runs about $17,000 for one in average to OK condition. That's quite an impressive acquisition. Good luck.

Thread Information