New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Anyone have guns?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Dimitri

Dimitri is a jewel in the roughDimitri is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
I find it amusing that you assume you're the only person who's "experienced firearms in serious use".
Can't say I really read it that way.

Portable DAP: iPod nano 4G 8GB (green)
Headphones: Sennheiser HD485, Sennheiser PX-100W
Computer: Aluminum iMac 24" 2.8GHz
Mobile: iPhone 3G 16GB (black)
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

the implication was that anyone who has would agree with him Simply not the case, many of us are perfectly capable of drawing our own conclusions from our experiences

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
dohidied

dohidied is a jewel in the roughdohidied is a jewel in the roughdohidied is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by seodeveloping View Post
Glock 40 9mm.
What's a Glock 40 9mm? I'm not familiar with that model.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwmay View Post
cwa107, I appreciate your comment and guidance, but surely the whole point of this section is 'Anything Goes'.
But the forum rules still apply, it doesn't mean that we'll allow a thread to degrade into petty bickering or an outright flame war.

Quote:
None of it is offensive, rude or provocative - there ARE strong feelings, both for those that FEEL the necessity to carry due to circumstances they feel are beyond their ability to change, and those of us who have experienced firearms in serious use and have also been coloured by our experiences.
Right, and if it did, it would be closed. To prevent that, I issued a friendly reminder in an attempt to steer it back on track.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to take it up with me in PM.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
grannyshifter

grannyshifter is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" macbook(white)

i have a walther p99 and an fn p90

http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo117/grannyshiftersti/unamused-1.jpg
QUOTE Thanks
terrible1one3

terrible1one3 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Alumibook 2.4, 4GB | 1TB Time Capsule | 30GB Video iPod

There are plenty of forums, papers, and studies done on the subject. If you want an opinion on the subject there are better resources and places to look and state your opinion than here.

That being said, a couple pages back someone (maybe the OP) said he was looking for a Sig. That's a great choice! I had one of those old German issue pistols from the 70's. I got it, used and abused, and it worked great!

There have been random issues with the newer .45 models and their .22 lr's so buyer beware, but they are good pistols. Check out SIGforum.com --A discussion forum for SIG enthusiasts for more information on them.

I couldn't use them because of their size and weight. Well I could use them for shooting perfectly fine, actually they are great for target shooting, but for carrying just a bit impractical when there are so many quality polymer's out there.
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.5-MacMini3,1:10.9.5-iPhone6,1:8.1

Yeah. My FN FiveseveN in Dark Earth Brown is on it's way!

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks
appleisgreat

appleisgreat is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwmay View Post
I would not deem to 'tell' people what to do, but my friendly advice is - if you NEED to carry, then you are spending time in the wrong places. Perhaps you should consider very carefully what is the reason or justification to carry a weapon - of any kind.
Honestly, I understand and agree with this to a certain degree, but I am outdoors type person who likes to fish and camp (haven't done much hunting, yet) and when I am bank fishing for flathead catfish until 4am-5am along the river (sometimes by myself) it really is nice to have the security along with me, just in case. After all, the three rivers in Pittsburgh do not run through all the greatest locations.
QUOTE Thanks
95M3Fanatic

95M3Fanatic is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.66ghz i7, 8gbram, 1tb hdd

I have 3 AR15s, an actual M4, a Steyr Aug, a Springfield XDSC 40, Walther P22 w/Silencer and Walther PK380. The Walthers are a one of a kind set with matching serial #s . All of my handguns have viridian green laser sights. Same goes for my rifles. Viridian is the best and theres no debating green is THE BEST color for a laser.
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A View Post
For what it is worth, I just appreciate the idea that I'd rather have a gun and not need it rather than need a gun and not have it.

Thanks for the feed back. I'm looking at some Sigs.
The same reaason I want to spend $26k for a private helicopter license.. When the zombies hit, you're gonna need some one who knows how to fly..
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95M3Fanatic View Post
I have 3 AR15s, an actual M4, a Steyr Aug, a Springfield XDSC 40, Walther P22 w/Silencer and Walther PK380. The Walthers are a one of a kind set with matching serial #s . All of my handguns have viridian green laser sights. Same goes for my rifles. Viridian is the best and theres no debating green is THE BEST color for a laser.
You live in Maryland (of all gun-unfriendly States) and have an actual NFA-taxed FN-Herstal M4 carbine with a 14.5" barrel and select-fire goodness? That's pretty incredible if you are not a LEO or active-duty military personnel. How did you pull that one off if I may ask?

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio.Trench View Post
The same reaason I want to spend $26k for a private helicopter license.. When the zombies hit, you're gonna need some one who knows how to fly..
Dawn of the Dead reference. Awesome!

QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio.Trench View Post
Ha ha! Gonna need to know someone who has a helicopter as well (unless you have one)!

What happens when the vampires hit...aren't they supposed to be able to fly???

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
95M3Fanatic

95M3Fanatic is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.66ghz i7, 8gbram, 1tb hdd

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ-linux View Post
You live in Maryland (of all gun-unfriendly States) and have an actual NFA-taxed FN-Herstal M4 carbine with a 14.5" barrel and select-fire goodness? That's pretty incredible if you are not a LEO or active-duty military personnel. How did you pull that one off if I may ask?

I'm military. I am currently in the process of acquiring a 1928 Thompson SMG
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95M3Fanatic View Post
I'm military. I am currently in the process of acquiring a 1928 Thompson SMG
Interesting. I wasn't aware that they changed the law. M4's are not sold or resold to civilians, even military personal and law enforcement. The military discontinued allowing war-fighting arms to be retained off base in 1993 a la Clinton. All private citizens are prohibited from personally owning fully automatic weapons manufactured after 1986 a la Reagan. Non-military governmental agencies may obtain and issue to their employees, but retain ownership and estate custody. It must have been an interesting purchase.

ATF Online - Firearms - National Firearms Act (NFA)

A 1928 Thompson runs about $17,000 for one in average to OK condition. That's quite an impressive acquisition. Good luck.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Progress or planned obsolescence. | Would You Rather? »