New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Anyone have guns?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

David A

David A is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro - 2.8 - 4 gigs - lots of programs - lots of media

For what it is worth, I just appreciate the idea that I'd rather have a gun and not need it rather than need a gun and not have it.

Thanks for the feed back. I'm looking at some Sigs.
QUOTE Thanks
takita787

takita787 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A View Post
For what it is worth, I just appreciate the idea that I'd rather have a gun and not need it rather than need a gun and not have it.

Thanks for the feed back. I'm looking at some Sigs.
Exactly I'd rather be prepared.

Yeah, my gun will be for personal protection; but mainly for shooting as a hobby. Im going to be taking some courses on defensive shooting, etc. maybe compete a bit if i show some natural talent (runs in my family kinda). If i wanted a gun JUST for personal protection it'd be a pistol. But an ar-15 is wayy more fun

iTouch/iPhone/Mac =
QUOTE Thanks
B&O

B&O has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.

I am sorry, but it seems that 90% on here that carry guns need to sort out your lives. Really, if you need a gun in your area then move. For a hobby, shoot away.

It has been extremely interesting for me to read this but I guess it is a so called American culture thing that I can not understand. Sorry to break your conversation.

MacBook Pro 2.66Ghz i7. Mac Mini 2.26Ghz C2D
iPhone 3G 16GB iPad 3G 64GB
Check out my flickr
QUOTE Thanks
bucky925

bucky925 is on a distinguished road

IF you need a gun to protect yourself in the area you live move. If you need a seatbelt in your car then don't drive. Makes since to me. I carry daily, and if for one second I thought I would NEED my pistol, I would carry a rifle.
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.4-MacMini3,1:10.9.4-iPhone6,1:7.1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky925 View Post
...if for one second I thought I would NEED my pistol, I would carry a rifle.
So say we all. Well said.

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks
Derek McNelly

Derek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" - 2.3 GHz Quad i7- 8GB RAM - 750GB Hybrid HD - OS X 10.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&O View Post
I am sorry, but it seems that 90% on here that carry guns need to sort out your lives. Really, if you need a gun in your area then move. For a hobby, shoot away.
For some of us, "sorting out our lives" isn't the problem. I don't really have much of an option at my point in life.

I can't afford to move because my job doesn't pay well enough, my job doesn't pay enough because I'm still going to school and haven't got a degree yet, and the fact is, I'm living within my means right now.

I can't get out of here. I'm stuck until I can either save up enough money to get out or my family decides to move. If I dropped out of school, sure, I could move out, but I'd still be stuck in the same, crappy, low income situation, this time with even less money because I'd be paying at least $700 a month for utilities and rent, which, in Michigan is cheap.

You say "move" like it's just that easy to pick up and go. I'd love to move, but I haven't got the kind of resources to do so, and I'm sure some of us have the same type of situation.

I'm surprised, because as a British person, I kinda figured you'd have at least heard about how the gun ban in Britain isn't working.

Gun crime is up 40%, knife crimes are rising because people without any clue how to properly defend themselves think that just by carrying it they're safe.

Most of us Americans aren't just a bunch of gun crazy wa-hoos that just walk into a corner store, buy a gun, and then go shoot up the neighborhood. In fact, the people that own guns legally are less likely to use them for anything other than sport or self defense, and the fact that people are allowed to carry guns is quite a powerful deterrent for most would be criminals.

If a mugger has a gun, and they're not legal where you live, odds are, at worst, you'll have a knife, and that's not going to stop him from jacking your stuff, your loved ones, or even your life. The police aren't going to protect you, it's not their job to protect you

Kinda sad that Gordon Brown and the rest of the British government doesn't seem to see that these bans aren't stopping criminals from using guns, but they sure are increasing the rate that the criminals are using them at.

The bad guys will always have guns, and with gun bans, the law abiding citizens are the ones that suffer.

MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz Quad i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB HHD - OS X 10.8
MacBook 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo - 4 GB RAM - 320 GB HDD - OS X 10.6

MoTM February 2009
QUOTE Thanks
seodeveloping

seodeveloping is on a distinguished road

Glock 40 9mm. Yeah, pretty 'thug like' stuff... however, what other gun can you put in water, then fill with sand and still fire like it's brand new?

I love my macs!
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

would jesus have carried?

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
dabears34

dabears34 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4

I have a Glock 22 and an M9
QUOTE Thanks
dabears34

dabears34 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4

I think the notion that people that own guns are crazy cowboys is outdated. Another misconception is that everyone that owns a gun is in the NRA and voted for Bush. Also its not practical or possible for some of us to move out of the neighborhoods we live in.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Folks, let me remind you that the original intent of this thread was to see who here owns a gun and what type.

Obviously the topic is a political hotbed, and several people have voiced their views on the subject of gun ownership in general - and that's not really what the thread is about.

So, please keep it on-topic and don't let it degrade. Thanks.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Dimitri

Dimitri is a jewel in the roughDimitri is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz

I only own an old Remington 12ga shotgun that I use for duck/goose hunting up in Canada. It's kept at my parents since I don't really have a good storage for it right now. I'd consider a handgun for both protection and hobby, but I doubt the wife would approve.

Portable DAP: iPod nano 4G 8GB (green)
Headphones: Sennheiser HD485, Sennheiser PX-100W
Computer: Aluminum iMac 24" 2.8GHz
Mobile: iPhone 3G 16GB (black)
QUOTE Thanks
brianwmay

brianwmay has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP, iPad 2 64, 2 x iPod Touch, MBA, 2 x iPhone 3g

cwa107, I appreciate your comment and guidance, but surely the whole point of this section is 'Anything Goes'.

None of it is offensive, rude or provocative - there ARE strong feelings, both for those that FEEL the necessity to carry due to circumstances they feel are beyond their ability to change, and those of us who have experienced firearms in serious use and have also been coloured by our experiences.

Mac Junkie
- MacBook Pro 2.4, 500Gb, 4Gb
- MacBook Air (wife's), - iPad 2 64Gb
- 2 x iPod Touch 32Gb and iPhones 3GS 32Gb
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

I find it amusing that you assume you're the only person who's "experienced firearms in serious use".

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
justpassinthru

justpassinthru will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15". 2.8GHz. 320GB@7200.

Regardless - the Mod(s) have stated what this topic is about and yet some fail to understand, it's their board, their rules - not yours.

Sorry, the "mod" in me took over. Carry-on (no pun intended).
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Progress or planned obsolescence. | Would You Rather? »