New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Anyone have guns?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.5-MacMini3,1:10.9.5-iPhone6,1:8.1

Back on topic for the OP... what conditions are you looking to carry it under? Hot or cold weather, office or outdoors, etc... Do you plan to carry in an IWB (Inside the Waist Band) holster, a "fanny pack", or other? There are quite a few things that might present themselves as advantages or disadvantages when selecting the proper firearm.

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks
leecho7

leecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really nice
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram

I remember I fired a M1 a while back at a friend's place. It isn't everyday you get to fire a WWII rifle. His pops was a collector and had a bunch of WWI and WWII weapons. My friend actually broke his collar bone from the recoil of a Springfield sniper rifle.

Anyone know where one could get a professional bow and arrow set? For archery?

Bismillah ihr Rhman ihr Raheem

The only way to truly learn and gain experience is from making mistakes.
Thats why I'm a friggin genius.
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

sure, there's an archery store up the street

oh and he shouldered it wrong

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
bucky925

bucky925 is on a distinguished road

I have had my CCW since my state first allowed it. Mostly I carry a Glock 27, but other times when dress requires I may have a Colt mustang or even a small Seecamp. For lots and lots of info try Glock Talk Home .
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute

MMMM, Seacamp. Nice score. Those are few and far between.

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks
cuhnool

cuhnool is a jewel in the roughcuhnool is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3

I do not have a permit to conceal a handgun, but I will when I am of age. I do have two firearms though:

A Springfield 9x19mm 4" barrel 16 round XD-9 pistol, and a Franchi I-12 12 gauge 3 shot semi-automatic shotgun.

I use the XD-9 for the target range and the I-12 for sporting clays and skeet shoot.

Quick fact: I can break down both weapons blindfolded. I have yet to put them back together blindfolded. Still practicing though

I have also fired an M9 (i believe it was, at least).

QUOTE Thanks
Derek McNelly

Derek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" - 2.3 GHz Quad i7- 8GB RAM - 750GB Hybrid HD - OS X 10.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughvane View Post
"why do you own a handgun?".
I live two miles north of Detroit.

I don't need any more reason than that.

MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz Quad i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB HHD - OS X 10.8
MacBook 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo - 4 GB RAM - 320 GB HDD - OS X 10.6

MoTM February 2009
QUOTE Thanks
brianwmay

brianwmay has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP, iPad 2 64, 2 x iPod Touch, MBA, 2 x iPhone 3g

It's getting to be quite an immotive issue on this thread.

I shall 'gracefully' withdraw. I've re-read what I've written but would add only this:

If you are truly in a position where carrying a concealed handgun either makes you feel safe or confident (not always allied to each other), you truly have my sympathy (and before anybody takes offence, I am being sincere rather than patronising).

At least I only needed mine when 'in harm's way' rather than where I live - that would be too much to bear (no pun intended).

Be safe.

Mac Junkie
- MacBook Pro 2.4, 500Gb, 4Gb
- MacBook Air (wife's), - iPad 2 64Gb
- 2 x iPod Touch 32Gb and iPhones 3GS 32Gb
QUOTE Thanks
Derek McNelly

Derek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" - 2.3 GHz Quad i7- 8GB RAM - 750GB Hybrid HD - OS X 10.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwmay View Post
If you are truly in a position where carrying a concealed handgun either makes you feel safe or confident (not always allied to each other), you truly have my sympathy (and before anybody takes offence, I am being sincere rather than patronising).

At least I only needed mine when 'in harm's way' rather than where I live - that would be too much to bear (no pun intended).
The cops around where I live aren't going to protect you. The only thing they ever do is pull people over for speeding through town and clean up the mess, post attack, of course.

It's not that they're lazy, but you can't expect the police to be your personal bodyguards and follow you around 24/7.

MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz Quad i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB HHD - OS X 10.8
MacBook 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo - 4 GB RAM - 320 GB HDD - OS X 10.6

MoTM February 2009
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek McNelly View Post
you can't expect the police to be your personal bodyguards and follow you around 24/7.
That has actually been upheld in court time and time again across the U.S.A. Police investigate crimes, they are not required to prevent them. Their responsibility to to respond to the situation only after it is brought to their attention by you or someone else.

QUOTE Thanks
justpassinthru

justpassinthru will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15". 2.8GHz. 320GB@7200.

FWIW, I own two guns;
1.Ruger "Old Model" Super Blackhawk .44 mag (deep blue polish).
2.Remington 700 BDL Bolt Action 30-06 Springfield 22" gloss walnut /blue finish.

The SB is used for wild boar & target. The 700, target. I don't have a need to conceal.
QUOTE Thanks
WakeCarver

WakeCarver is a jewel in the roughWakeCarver is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD

I carry a .45 Glock 21 for personal protection. I also have a Browning .270 for deer hunting, a Ruger 10-22 for small game, and a Remington 12 gauge for duck and dove hunting.

"I call this the Greatest Zooks Album." -CEREAL KILLER
QUOTE Thanks
dohidied

dohidied is a jewel in the roughdohidied is a jewel in the roughdohidied is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz

I have a Glock 23 and a Sig Sauer P6 along with some rifles and a shotgun. I don't have a CCW, since it's really hard to get one in my county. I would get a CCW if I could, but I'm not sure that I'd carry all the time. I think it would make me feel more paranoid if I had a gun in my pants.
QUOTE Thanks
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.9 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.6.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ-linux View Post
Police investigate crimes, they are not required to prevent them. Their responsibility to to respond to the situation only after it is brought to their attention by you or someone else.
Broadening the topic rather, this is an extraordinary situation, to be found in most so-called 'democratic' countries, where the criminal has the right, entrenched in law, to break the law, potential consequences and all, but the police and law-abiding public have no right under civil law to take preemptive action to prevent it, because no crime has (yet) been committed. Bizarre! By-and-large, it's only respect for the law and other people that prevents a great deal more crime.

I understand completely why people living in some areas of some places not only feel but know they have to carry a firearm to protect themselves - because no-one else is going to do it.
QUOTE Thanks
takita787

takita787 is on a distinguished road

I'm gettin an ar-15 and hopefully a suppressor in about a month or two.

iTouch/iPhone/Mac =
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Progress or planned obsolescence. | Would You Rather? »