New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Ľ Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Ľ Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Best Buy, how we love thee.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

x59

x59 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13.3" Aluminum Macbook 2.0gHz, 2 gHz 20" Core Duo iMac.

QUOTE Thanks
TechJunky

TechJunky is on a distinguished road

But you do save more on the 120GB model!
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

I see what you're talking about, however, it's still expensive, considering you can get 320-500gb externals for around the same price.
QUOTE Thanks
Zoolook

Zoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5

And that's exactly why Circuit City went out of business... well that and their inbred staff.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice

BestBuy went out of business? They're still promoting themselves for the season on TV and the one in my area is still alive?

Or do you mean bought-out by a different company?
QUOTE Thanks
mdfuller

mdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15-inch MacBook Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoolook View Post
And that's exactly why Best Buy went out of business... well that and their inbred staff.
What Best Buy are you talking about? They are building 3 new stores in a 5 mile radius here.
QUOTE Thanks
gomez1018

gomez1018 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15 inch Macbook Pro 2 GHz Core Duo 2 GB of Ram: 20 inch iMac 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 3 GB Ram

I think he means circuit city, as they just filed chapter 1 protection. To my understanding best buy is flourishing right now.

20 inch iMac 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 3 GB Ram 320GB internal HD,
23 inch Cinema Display,
320GB G-Tech G-Drive, 500GB G-Tech G-Drive, 500GB WD My Book Studio Drive
QUOTE Thanks
Zoolook

Zoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5

Oopss - Ignore me, I just ate a packet of jelly babies... manic day!

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

well CC did just close 150 of 700 stores, but they're not technically out of business, just out of the game for now - for a while now really.

for a sec i was surprised to hear BBY was out of business...
you'd think i would have heard, sitting in their data center and all.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

I don't see that as a good deal, since I got my WD 320GB external for 109 dollars.
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
I don't see that as a good deal, since I got my WD 320GB external for 109 dollars.
That's the point I was trying to make.. What he was showing in the OP, is the fac that a 160gb is cheaper than the 120gb.
QUOTE Thanks
PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

I just got an external "My Book" from Best Buy - 650 gigs - for $98.
QUOTE Thanks
BlueMac

BlueMac is a jewel in the roughBlueMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaNoHair View Post
I just got an external "My Book" from Best Buy - 650 gigs - for $98.
Thats a pretty awesome deal there.... I think I might need to get one of them myself sometime soon. :-)

Flickr

Last.fm
Si, hablo Espa˝ol. Oui, je parle franšais. Yes, I speak English.
QUOTE Thanks
jah

jah will become famous soon enough

in 5years i would be surprised to see any brick & mortar computer stores still open. conjecture and for discussion... this includes apple too.

at newegg.com, no big that you can buy a Seagate 500G hd sata2 (5year warranty) and a external usb/firewire box for $90.00 and $30 respectively
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

I highly doubt B&M's will close. There are far too many times I need something faster than Amazon and FedEx can provide it. There are also a vast number of times I want to put my hands ON something before I buy it.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Wow, just wow... Post Your Election Day Experience, Nov. 4th 2008 | Spite, in the spirit of Christmas... »