New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Ľ Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Ľ Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Spite, in the spirit of Christmas...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

steidl705

steidl705 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MacBook, PowerMac G4

With the holiday season approaching, all the traditional stories start getting recalled. I feel that the story of Santa is pretty clear... he shows up to your house at night and loads your house up with presents, eats cookies, and leaves.

BUT, where does he put them? Does he put presents under the tree, or in your stocking? I realize the answer could be "both places," but for the sake of argument, choosing one or the other, which would be the more logical destination for his gifts?
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by steidl705 View Post
which would be the more logical destination for his gifts?

[warning, pure sap ahead]

in your heart?

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Well since he comes down the chimney he would probably put the gifts depending how far the tree is away from the Fireplace?

It also depends on the size of the gift...cause obviously you can't fit large electric devices in a stocking.
QUOTE Thanks
BlueMac

BlueMac is a jewel in the roughBlueMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by steidl705 View Post
With the holiday season approaching, all the traditional stories start getting recalled. I feel that the story of Santa is pretty clear... he shows up to your house at night and loads your house up with presents, eats cookies, and leaves.

BUT, where does he put them? Does he put presents under the tree, or in your stocking? I realize the answer could be "both places," but for the sake of argument, choosing one or the other, which would be the more logical destination for his gifts?

Under my computer desk.

Flickr

Last.fm
Si, hablo Espa˝ol. Oui, je parle franšais. Yes, I speak English.
QUOTE Thanks
steidl705

steidl705 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MacBook, PowerMac G4

Ha, very nice.

Ya, see, I have always grown up believing that he put them under the tree. Traditional portrayals show the same. I think he doesn't completely neglect the stockings, but the majority of the gifts go under the tree. Especially because December 6th, is "St. Nick's Day" when kids get stuff in their stockings. Certain Christian religions recognize this day.
QUOTE Thanks
Leukeh

Leukeh is a jewel in the roughLeukeh is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM

We leave our stockings under the tree. That way, we get both!

Behance Design/Photography Porfolio
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Best Buy, how we love thee. | How much is a black MacBook worth? »