Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Specs:
    C2D MacBook Pro
    First Presidential Election
    Next Tuesday will be my first presidential election! I am really excited about it.

Is this anyone else's first presidential election? This can apply to Canadians as well from last week's Prime Minister election.

Also, for people who haven't voted before, are you excited? And for people who have voted, any interesting stories or memories?
    Dost thou think, because thou art virtuous, there shall be no more cakes and ale?

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    I've voted in the last two elections. What I find amazing is how empty the polls usually are. If there's a line, it's usually no more than 3 or 4 people deep (and that's only during a presidential election). I'm hoping that with the unprecedented issues this country is facing, more people are inspired to vote this time around.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    C2D MacBook Pro
    Ideally, nobody but me would vote
    Dost thou think, because thou art virtuous, there shall be no more cakes and ale?

Specs:
    MacBook Pro Unibody
    Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    I've voted in the last two elections. What I find amazing is how empty the polls usually are. If there's a line, it's usually no more than 3 or 4 people deep (and that's only during a presidential election). I'm hoping that with the unprecedented issues this country is facing, more people are inspired to vote this time around.
    Really?!? Not when I have gone out and voted, and I always vote early too! Last election I waited in line for at least 30 min. This year I voted by mail though, already cast my vote!
    masakatsu agatsu

@lifeafter2am

Specs:
    MacBook 2.0ghz Core Duo 1 Gig Ram 80Gig HD, iMac 2.4ghz Core 2 Duo 1gig RAM 320gig HD
    I went and early voted today... I waited maybe 10 minutes but there was a pretty good line when I left.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeafter2am View Post
    Really?!? Not when I have gone out and voted, and I always vote early too! Last election I waited in line for at least 30 min. This year I voted by mail though, already cast my vote!
    Every single time, I swear. I have never waited for more than a few minutes. Either PA has done a good job with distributing polling places by population (unlikely) or the folks in my area just aren't active. Not sure, but I'd gladly wait for hours to get my vote in. I hope everyone feels the same.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    MacBookAir5,2:10.9.5-MacMini3,1:10.9.5-iPhone6,1:8.4.1
    I'm just hoping all the popularity of voting doesn't wear off after the 2008 presidential elections. It's been my observation that most folks only vote every 4 years, and then go back to sleep thinking they've done their duty once they leave their polling place. I'd really love to see the same hype and attention to issues brought out when our legistators come up for reelection. While the President is a powerful figure head, the actual legislation, bills and budgets all go through the House or Senate at some point. Regardless of political party or affilliation, it would be refreshing to see the same media spotlights pointed on every official up for reelection or attempting to make a play for a seat. IMHO, the legislative branch needs much more attention, especially after elections, than we have ever given them. Presidents can screw up for 8 years max, but legislators can go on for decades in their jobs.
    Never judge a man, untill you have walked a mile in his shoes...
    That way you'll be a mile away from him, and you'll have his shoes.

Specs:
    Mac Pro 2.66 - 4 Gig Ram, iMac G5 2 Gig ram 20"
    It's nice to see that someone has finally gotten it right. Indeed the president may be the figure head, but he really doesn't have all that much to do with what happens in the country. The Senate and House are where the laws are made and the money is spent. If you don't like the way the country is going, the first place to start changing it is there. If you keep reelecting the same people, then nothing changes.
    Mac Pro Intel 2.66 - Quad Core - 16 Gigs Ram - 10.11.2 - 30" Apple Monitor
    iMac 24" 2 gigs ram - MacBook Pro

Specs:
    Way... way too many specs to list.
    It's empty when I vote every time (not every year, as often there are only local only ballot measures I could not care about one way or that other)! At 6am, when the polls open
    mike
    This machine kills fascists
    Got # ? phear the command line!

Specs:
    MacBookAir5,2:10.9.5-MacMini3,1:10.9.5-iPhone6,1:8.4.1
    "If they thought voting changed anything, they'd abolish it."

i.e.: see Electoral College
    Never judge a man, untill you have walked a mile in his shoes...
    That way you'll be a mile away from him, and you'll have his shoes.

It is good to see someone so excited and involved!

Specs:
    MacBook Pro Unibody
    Quote Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
    It's empty when I vote every time (not every year, as often there are only local only ballot measures I could not care about one way or that other)! At 6am, when the polls open
    6am? lol.
    masakatsu agatsu

@lifeafter2am

Specs:
    6am? lol.
    yep! 6am

it's an early morning for me too (well unless i'm out in the woods, in which case 6 is pretty late)
    mike

Specs:
    27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
    Lots of states do early voting starting a week or so before and many folks do absentee ballot voting (myself included)...

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by baggss View Post
    Lots of states do early voting starting a week or so before and many folks do absentee ballot voting (myself included)...
    yea, but your vote is counted after those taken on election day (at least here in AZ)
    mike

Thread Information