New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

How long...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Clueless

Clueless is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Blackbook, iPod Video, iPod Nano Chrome 16gig

...do you leave it to make a move on a girl who's just split with her boyfriend (yesterday)?

It was a fairly short term relationship which broke up because he treated her like a doormat, which she obviously didn't like!

i've asked almost everyone i know what to do!
x

You just lost The Game!
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Move now, while she is still vulnerable.

QUOTE Thanks
Clueless

That sounds a little... threatening!
I have been advised to "be there for her"!

You just lost The Game!
QUOTE Thanks
bad.heron

bad.heron is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 15.4" Macbook Pro, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD Drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M+9600M GT

I normally make a move whilst she is still with her bf

15.4" Apple Unibody Macbook Pro Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.4), 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066Mz DDR3 SDRAM (2x2GB), 128GB Solid State Drive (SSD), NVIDIA GeForce 9400M + 9600M GT with 512MB, SuperDrive 8X - Apple Remote Infrared (IR) - Logitech MX Performance 2.4 GHz Wireless - Apple Keyboard Bluetooth - iPhone 4 32GB, Black
QUOTE Thanks
lifeafter2am

lifeafter2am is a jewel in the roughlifeafter2am is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Unibody

Wow, you guys are horrible! lol.

Well, the problem is that if you are "there for her" too long you might get stuck in the friend zone. Timing is everything, when it feels right, go for it ... thats the best I can tell you.

Good luck!

masakatsu agatsu

@lifeafter2am
QUOTE Thanks
Clueless

It's just a problem of getting the timing right. BUT HOW?

You just lost The Game!
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad.heron View Post
I normally make a move whilst she is still with her bf
I've done it too, but I felt really guilty even though I was successful, and she happens to be my current girlfriend. Its really a bad idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss View Post
Move now, while she is still vulnerable.
Don't make it obvious that is what you are doing right of the bat, be there for her for a few days, take her out to get her mind off of it, and over the course of a few days make a move slowly.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
bad.heron

bad.heron is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 15.4" Macbook Pro, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD Drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M+9600M GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeafter2am View Post
Wow, you guys are horrible! lol.
Its the survival of the fittest. Eye of the tiger.

15.4" Apple Unibody Macbook Pro Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.4), 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066Mz DDR3 SDRAM (2x2GB), 128GB Solid State Drive (SSD), NVIDIA GeForce 9400M + 9600M GT with 512MB, SuperDrive 8X - Apple Remote Infrared (IR) - Logitech MX Performance 2.4 GHz Wireless - Apple Keyboard Bluetooth - iPhone 4 32GB, Black
QUOTE Thanks
quicksilver

quicksilver will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP, 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1991 Powerbook 100, Gen 2 Nano, Gen 1 Touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeafter2am View Post
...the problem is that if you are "there for her" too long you might get stuck in the friend zone...
Always a tricky one to call... I managed to play this is just right a few years ago... and married her in May this year!

I found that the easiest thing to do was be honest - to a point - tell her how you feel in a non-threatening "off the cuff" kinda way. Stuff like "well if I was your boyfriend I would..."

Oh...and only pretty girls use Macs...
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerBookG4 View Post
I've done it too, but I felt really guilty even though I was successful, and she happens to be my current girlfriend. Its really a bad idea.
You sound like my oldest. She always finds her next BF while still with the current one, then test drives him for a while and then breaks up with the current one.

QUOTE Thanks
KeithTeeple

KeithTeeple is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss View Post
You sound like my oldest. She always finds her next BF while still with the current one, then test drives him for a while and then breaks up with the current one.
Haha, all of us seem to have. . .rather concerning posts in this thread.

Press any key to continue, or any other key to cancel.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary
and those who don't.
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
...do you leave it to make a move on a girl who's just split with her boyfriend (yesterday)?

It was a fairly short term relationship which broke up because he treated her like a doormat, which she obviously didn't like!

i've asked almost everyone i know what to do!
x
So are you looking for a relationship or just a fun night?
QUOTE Thanks
Clueless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric559 View Post
So are you looking for a relationship or just a fun night?
A relationship (hopefully involving lots of fun nights ). Nah, definitely a relationship, i'm starting to really like this girl, and i hate the way she's been treated. I reckon she likes me - i just cant gauge how much. I do reckon she'd be interested if I asked though!

Cheers for the advice, good and bad!

You just lost The Game!
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Five seconds after is generally a good time, though you'd have to either be there when the breakup happens or she has to call/text you right afterward. So practically speaking, 24 hours is a good time frame as by then you're bound to have found out.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
EGGO

EGGO is a jewel in the roughEGGO is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2008 8-core mac pro. 4GB RAM 1.5TB storage. Dual LCDs (one IPS monitor for the colour).

Five second rule.

The Visual Portfolio
I hate mac zealots as much as windows/other OS zealots.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« UPnP and PS3 problems | Cool Article about a custom ride: MAC inside »