Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Schweb's Lounge (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/schwebs-lounge/)
-   -   How long... (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/schwebs-lounge/127275-how-long.html)

Clueless 10-19-2008 12:51 PM

How long...

...do you leave it to make a move on a girl who's just split with her boyfriend (yesterday)?

It was a fairly short term relationship which broke up because he treated her like a doormat, which she obviously didn't like!

i've asked almost everyone i know what to do!
x

baggss 10-19-2008 12:55 PM

Move now, while she is still vulnerable.

Clueless 10-19-2008 12:58 PM

That sounds a little... threatening!
I have been advised to "be there for her"!

bad.heron 10-19-2008 01:01 PM

I normally make a move whilst she is still with her bf :Smirk:

lifeafter2am 10-19-2008 01:04 PM

Wow, you guys are horrible! lol. :)

Well, the problem is that if you are "there for her" too long you might get stuck in the friend zone. Timing is everything, when it feels right, go for it ... thats the best I can tell you.

Good luck! ;)

Clueless 10-19-2008 01:05 PM

It's just a problem of getting the timing right. BUT HOW?

PowerBookG4 10-19-2008 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bad.heron (Post 742861)
I normally make a move whilst she is still with her bf :Smirk:

I've done it too, but I felt really guilty even though I was successful, and she happens to be my current girlfriend. Its really a bad idea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by baggss (Post 742855)
Move now, while she is still vulnerable.

Don't make it obvious that is what you are doing right of the bat, be there for her for a few days, take her out to get her mind off of it, and over the course of a few days make a move slowly.

bad.heron 10-19-2008 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lifeafter2am (Post 742862)
Wow, you guys are horrible! lol. :)

Its the survival of the fittest. Eye of the tiger.

quicksilver 10-19-2008 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lifeafter2am (Post 742862)
...the problem is that if you are "there for her" too long you might get stuck in the friend zone...

Always a tricky one to call... I managed to play this is just right a few years ago... and married her in May this year!

I found that the easiest thing to do was be honest - to a point - tell her how you feel in a non-threatening "off the cuff" kinda way. Stuff like "well if I was your boyfriend I would..."

baggss 10-19-2008 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PowerBookG4 (Post 742877)
I've done it too, but I felt really guilty even though I was successful, and she happens to be my current girlfriend. Its really a bad idea.

You sound like my oldest. She always finds her next BF while still with the current one, then test drives him for a while and then breaks up with the current one.

KeithTeeple 10-19-2008 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baggss (Post 742892)
You sound like my oldest. She always finds her next BF while still with the current one, then test drives him for a while and then breaks up with the current one.

Haha, all of us seem to have. . .rather concerning posts in this thread.

Eric559 10-19-2008 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clueless (Post 742852)
...do you leave it to make a move on a girl who's just split with her boyfriend (yesterday)?

It was a fairly short term relationship which broke up because he treated her like a doormat, which she obviously didn't like!

i've asked almost everyone i know what to do!
x

So are you looking for a relationship or just a fun night?

Clueless 10-19-2008 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric559 (Post 742979)
So are you looking for a relationship or just a fun night?

A relationship (hopefully involving lots of fun nights ;P). Nah, definitely a relationship, i'm starting to really like this girl, and i hate the way she's been treated. I reckon she likes me - i just cant gauge how much. I do reckon she'd be interested if I asked though!

Cheers for the advice, good and bad!

Kash 10-19-2008 04:43 PM

Five seconds after is generally a good time, though you'd have to either be there when the breakup happens or she has to call/text you right afterward. So practically speaking, 24 hours is a good time frame as by then you're bound to have found out.

EGGO 10-19-2008 04:49 PM

Five second rule.