New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

A funny observation...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

Mac users are obsessed with Apple.

Walking through the library at my school today, every single person with a pc computer was doing their homework had a book on their desk and was researching something or writing a paper.

Every person with a mac however, was either on engadget or on apple.com looking at what apple released, myself included. Sure, we'll all do our work, but everyone of us Mac users wanted to see what Apple was doing before we moved on.

How many of you are doing, did the same?

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
quicksilver

quicksilver will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP, 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1991 Powerbook 100, Gen 2 Nano, Gen 1 Touch

Guilty as charged. My fingers are aching from overusing Command-R!

Oh...and only pretty girls use Macs...
QUOTE Thanks
lifeafter2am

lifeafter2am is a jewel in the roughlifeafter2am is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Unibody

Same here. It's nice working from home, didn't have to try and hide it from anyone.

masakatsu agatsu

@lifeafter2am
QUOTE Thanks
GK27V6

GK27V6 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: white MacBook - 2.16GHz, 2GB RAM, 500GB HD iPhone Specs: white 3GS - 32GB

Yupp, today at school I was working on my homework.. but.. could not resist checking the new MacBooks, lol. Still loving my white one though.. the silver/back combo is not bad... but it's just not the same as the white which some of us cannot get enough of, I know.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Did Apple do something today?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
Derek McNelly

Derek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" - 2.3 GHz Quad i7- 8GB RAM - 750GB Hybrid HD - OS X 10.8

I was refreshing like a madman.

Disappointed in the end result, but I was still glued nonetheless.

MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz Quad i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB HHD - OS X 10.8
MacBook 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo - 4 GB RAM - 320 GB HDD - OS X 10.6

MoTM February 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

I was busy playing Quake II...

I can't be bothered to look at expensive toys that I'll never be able to own.
QUOTE Thanks
Ghostshadow

Ghostshadow is a jewel in the roughGhostshadow is a jewel in the roughGhostshadow is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook G3 - You'll be missed.

I was watching the blogs as well. I'm watching the keynote now.

I prefer to watch them, so I usually try to avoid the live blogs. I did read gizmodo and engadget today. I prefer the gizmodo feed, the guy writing at engadget erks me off. I hate how he always has to put in some snide comment with his writing.

QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

I was checking about every 2 minutes while pretending to work

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
I was checking about every 2 minutes while pretending to work
Ditto

I know it's so fanboyish, but I can't help it. All of my fellow IT employees were so tired of hearing me talk about it.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Honestly, I couldn't care less what the newest, latest and greatest tech from is.

If I'm not in the market for anything new (which at the moment, I am not) then I pay no attention to the countless blogs and other Apple related sites have to report.
Even if I am, I would only bother to check what Apple has on their site and then go inspect it for myself at an Apple Store.

Of course, since I am a member here, I find out about it anyway.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
halo200

halo200 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Macbook Pro 2.0Ghz i7 8GB AMD 6490M 256OCZ Vertex 4 SSD | iPhone 5S 16GB

I was going through the forums and saw the new posts saying they were released, I was up at 5am looking through all the macbook and pros, on dial up speed I might add, my broadband was overused and went to dial up speed, i have to remember i cant load 15 tabs at once at 5kb/s!

I really want one of the new macbooks, just the fact that they have a decent graphics card in them was the turning point. But i still have my original core duo macbook and its going strong with a 2GB ram upgrade and a HD upgrade to 320GB. I'll be building a PC next year with my IT course so I wouldnt have any need to buy it because that will have all the power I need and my macbook will become my traveling laptop that i'll take everywhere then that might justisfy mobileme. But when I start working, the first thing im doing, is gonna sell the PC and macbook and buy the MBP, I just cant resist!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I need help making a mac install of files and folders | A poll if you will... »