Mac Forums

Mac Forums (
-   Schweb's Lounge (
-   -   A poll if you will... (

devast8or 10-12-2008 04:25 PM

A poll if you will...
This is actually more of a poll if you will. For those here awaiting the new macbooks and or macbook pros who here will sell or get rid of a macbook or macbook pro that has been bought within the past year just to get there hands on a new one?

I know I will get a alot of people who say it depends on whats inside of them etc. This is just a simple "I will" or "I wont" answer.

Spork 10-12-2008 06:56 PM

I wont...I'm too broke lol

Ghostshadow 10-12-2008 07:24 PM

There is a possibility. I cannot say for sure until Tuesday!

terrible1one3 10-12-2008 08:55 PM

I won't. I think I am safe as I don't expect a big upgrade of the air, which I have.

I just bought it last week. I was thinking of waiting for the new ones to arrive but the air was just too good to pass up, plus I brought one used for a very good price.

Forum Shark 10-12-2008 09:38 PM

It all depends
You know what? I will. Tonight while I'm dreaming. xD No, really, I'm with Spork, I have no money for that. If I did, though I probably would. Here's the thing... This is really a dumb question to ask as a "yes or no" straight answer. It all depends. If you need a notebook soon, then yes, I imagine that person would. But if Someone (namely me) has a Macbook from earlier this year, and that person is really happy with it, then I would imagine they would not. There's my rant, all done... for now, anyway.;)

dauber 10-13-2008 01:19 PM

I definitely won't -- I'm more than perfectly happy with my current MacBook.

mick_aka 10-13-2008 07:58 PM

As I already said in another rather similar thread ;) I always prefer the last top spec model of a generation, good, solid and well tested.

As opposed to the flashy new mac portable everyone's oooooh-ing at which will usually be plagued with hardware issues and replaced with another revision 3 months down the line ;)

B&O 10-13-2008 08:48 PM

MY MBP is nearly two years old and does alright by anyone standards but it has a X1600 and I really want a newer graphics card. I am going to look at the new designs and if they go the way of the MacBook Air I will be buying a new old model ASAP from a retailer at a reduced price. As Mick aka mentioned, Old is sometime better.

KeithTeeple 10-13-2008 08:49 PM

I might.

It depends, would it be possible to refund my MacBook it's in perfect condition? It's still under warranty.

lifeafter2am 10-13-2008 08:55 PM

I was going to pick up a new MBP this christmas anyway, so yeah I will, regardless of what is announced (but my MBP is over 2 years old now, one of the originals with a X1600). This way I can give my father this MBP and he will finally be on a Mac and I can finally stop having to drive almost three freaking hours every 2 months to fix his stupid dell.


quicksilver 10-14-2008 12:37 PM

I've had my MBP since 2006 and have no inclination to change it until it drops dead on me. I like to kid myself that I need the latest model but I really don't... unfortunately...

jah 10-15-2008 12:23 AM

my current mbp works fine for what i use it for. i am buying a linux eee-pc tho. i like the form factor and price of this micro portable.

i walk into an apple store and anymore just no excitement, my bad.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.