New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Purple or White?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Daisy

Daisy is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Macbook 1.83GHz; iPhone 3G

I cannot decide on which colour to get...

Which would you suggest??
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

I selected neither because I like the black one pictured. However, if you didn't have the neither button, I would have selected purple.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
quicksilver

quicksilver will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP, 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1991 Powerbook 100, Gen 2 Nano, Gen 1 Touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerBookG4 View Post
...I like the black one pictured...
I agree with the above. Looks great in black.

Oh...and only pretty girls use Macs...
QUOTE Thanks
Daisy

I have a black phone already (k790a). I'll be switching the sim card back and forth, so I don't want two black phones.
QUOTE Thanks
quicksilver

quicksilver will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP, 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1991 Powerbook 100, Gen 2 Nano, Gen 1 Touch

In which case I think the purple is the better of the two choices.

Oh...and only pretty girls use Macs...
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

I would go with the Black only because I like the color of the light on that one. The purple is alright.

Black and Silver goes with everything and it doesn't go out of style. Can't say much for the other colors. >_<"
QUOTE Thanks
WakeCarver

WakeCarver is a jewel in the roughWakeCarver is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD

What is that? Is that a Betamax phone? J/K I like the black also.

"I call this the Greatest Zooks Album." -CEREAL KILLER
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Black or purple please. Those are the best two colours there. That white one is more an off white. And that off white is totally horrible. Nothing like the white white of the imacs of old.
QUOTE Thanks
dabears34

dabears34 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4

Purple is the best of the two Imo
QUOTE Thanks
Derek McNelly

Derek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" - 2.3 GHz Quad i7- 8GB RAM - 750GB Hybrid HD - OS X 10.8

I like the white.

It's clean and professional looking.

(By the way, what service is that phone on, can you get it unlocked, and how much?)

MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz Quad i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB HHD - OS X 10.8
MacBook 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo - 4 GB RAM - 320 GB HDD - OS X 10.6

MoTM February 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Daisy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek McNelly View Post
I like the white.

It's clean and professional looking.

(By the way, what service is that phone on, can you get it unlocked, and how much?)
I'm also leaning a bit more towards the white. The purple seems like a rare cell phone colour though, and plus, its one of my husband's favourite colours. The only bit I don't like of the white are the copper accents. I can't decide.....

You can purchase this phone unlocked for about $240 CAD shipped. It's not a new phone though.. I believe it was released in Q1 of 2007 and the price back then was in the $400+ range. Here is where you can purchase the phone from: http://www.selectgsm.com/sony-ericss...-pr-16557.html

The only drawback is the 2mp camera.. I'm currently using a 3.2mp on my phone and the pictures are not that great.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
...The only drawback is the 2mp camera.. I'm currently using a 3.2mp on my phone and the pictures are not that great.
Well it's a phone and people shouldn't expect to take spectacular pictures with their phone in the first place.
QUOTE Thanks
Tarek

Tarek has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

Since you wrote White or Purple, I will go with the flow and say definitely white. Since you own a WHITE Macbook, they will make a good mixture don't you think? Haha!
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

To Tarek: I agree. But would it matter if both aren't the same white? Would that make things look out of place?
QUOTE Thanks
HIV

HIV is on a distinguished road

Get both and give me the purple one.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Old mac site/domain I use to run/own | Where do you make these? »