New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

iPod rebate after MacBook purchase

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Million

Million is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook (1gb RAM, 160gb HDD)

Hi all,

I got a new MacBook in my first week of term (about 4 weeks ago), and i've just seen that Apple are now doing rebates for students in the UK if you buy an iPod with a MacBook.

What do you think are the chances of them sorting this out for me as I have effectively been screwed over for having a longer term than most students? And how do you think I should go about contacting them? I couldn't find a contact email, only phone numbers that look like premium charge ones.

Thanks for reading,
Max
QUOTE Thanks
dabears34

dabears34 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4

My very amateur opinion would be to call a store or apple care and ask for customer service number.
QUOTE Thanks
Jaygray

Jaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD

I had a similar problem. I bought my Macbook and the price dropped $100 the next week. I called Apple and asked them what could be done. They credited me the difference, no questions asked.

However, I believe Apple has a 14 day no-questions-asked return policy. Had they not refunded the difference, I could have returned the machine and bought another for a cheaper price. This wasn't my first choice though, because I had spent a week installing software and would have had to start over. At any rate, I'm not sure if their policy is the same if you purchased over 14 days ago.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Anyone not know Nate Doyle? | Nintendo New Media Player DS »