New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

My cousin is an idiot

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

milessthomas

milessthomas is a jewel in the roughmilessthomas is a jewel in the roughmilessthomas is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3

My cousin just started as a freshman at UNC Charlotte in the engineering program. He bought the top of the line macbook pro and had me upgrade the ram to 4gbs of crucial ram. Every possible thing he could get with it he did.

Well it was so B.A.

He called me an hour ago to tell me he spilled orange juice all over it.

QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

What is with people and spilling stuff on expensive computers (particularly Macs)? We must see at least one of these per week.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
lifeafter2am

lifeafter2am is a jewel in the roughlifeafter2am is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Unibody

I am so paranoid about doing that to my MBP, I keep drinks so far away from it!

masakatsu agatsu

@lifeafter2am
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
What is with people and spilling stuff on expensive computers (particularly Macs)? We must see at least one of these per week.
You really don't want to know how many times I've 'saved' a laptop by flipping it over and yanking the battery

that being said, those are work assets... so I don't care (and they'll just fix it anyway)

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
Tarek

Tarek has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

That's why protective shields come in place guys.
QUOTE Thanks
Forum Shark

Forum Shark is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Base Model MacBook (White from early 2008)

Why would people bring something potentially "dangerous" near something as beautiful as a Mac? I barely let other people touch my Macbook, and even I wash my hands before I use it! Call me paranoid, but it works!

Please follow me to Twitter! http://twitter.com/ForumShark
QUOTE Thanks
KeithTeeple

KeithTeeple is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Warranty?

Press any key to continue, or any other key to cancel.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary
and those who don't.
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

This is why irresponsible people shouldn't be given expensive toys.
QUOTE Thanks
KeithTeeple

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkArt View Post
This is why irresponsible people shouldn't be given expensive toys.
Those are the words I was looking for. I almost repeated the same accident!

and those who don't.
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithTeeple View Post
Warranty?
I'd be willing to bet it does not cover stupidity. Insurance might.

mike
QUOTE Thanks
KeithTeeple

I just read, and apparently it does not cover "accidental" damage. But what's the opposite of that, intentional damage for your money back?

and those who don't.
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

I'd be wiling to bet that intentional damage would void the warranty contract

mike
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

This is why any and all drinks I have are at least two feet away from my Macbook. If it spills, it's not getting anywhere near the Mac, maybe my PC's mouse, but it's easier to replace a fifty dollar mouse than a fifteen hundred dollar laptop.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

LOL I think it's funny that he calls you up thinking you can do something about it.

You would think an engineer would be a little bit more computer savvy. At least smart enough to know that liquids and computers don't mix. >_<"
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Why? I've had to explain base networking to graduated EE's before.

mike
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Home Theater Question | 30 minutes to decide for me »