New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

My cousin is an idiot

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
Why? I've had to explain base networking to graduated EE's before.
Wow that's simply amazing. <_<"
QUOTE Thanks
MACyMouse

MACyMouse has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs

Maybe he's one of those people that can't tell the difference between Apples and Oranges?
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
LOL I think it's funny that he calls you up thinking you can do something about it.

You would think an engineer would be a little bit more computer savvy. At least smart enough to know that liquids and computers don't mix. >_<"
Being an engineer doesn't mean diddly squat. My roommate from a couple years ago was going into some sort of computer engineering and he had no clue how to assemble a computer. I had the misfortune of guiding him on how to build one himself and I literally got a dozen calls from this guy on how to set it up. I was like, you're like two or three years into your engineering degree, haven't you learned anything?

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
What is with people and spilling stuff on expensive computers (particularly Macs)? We must see at least one of these per week.
you had me LAUGHING OUT LOUD with that comment.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
Being an engineer doesn't mean diddly squat. My roommate from a couple years ago was going into some sort of computer engineering and he had no clue how to assemble a computer. I had the misfortune of guiding him on how to build one himself and I literally got a dozen calls from this guy on how to set it up. I was like, you're like two or three years into your engineering degree, haven't you learned anything?
I think this is quite sad. They shouldn't be able to graduate if they can't even assemble one. It's not like it takes a lot of brain power to assemble one.
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

it's not what schools teach. I've really yet to see a recent graduate arrive with a skill set that puts them into immediate use.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

That's very true, they just take complex math all year.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
xj6jaguar1985

xj6jaguar1985 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2

Hey...
Guys...
You know what they say
[Expletive] happens.

Yes my name is Jaguar.
No, it is not a joke.
I don't find your "I'm a cheetah." joke funny.
QUOTE Thanks
05GT

05GT will become famous soon enough

That sucks... I literally freak whenever people get close to me with liquids while my MBP is out.
QUOTE Thanks
TomTomTuning

TomTomTuning is a jewel in the roughTomTomTuning is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone

Dam that sucks.. Yesterday i was drinking a cappuccino and i thought to my self.. Yes lets move this far away from my expensive new toy. haha

QUOTE Thanks
Moondog

You know those cool Magic Erasers...the sponge like things that can remove almost anything from anywhere...I had one at work when I moved cubes to remove scuff marks on my desk from the previous messy person that had that space. And I noticed that I could get some junk off the plastic non-Mac (don't freak out here) keyboard with it, too. A coworker saw me use it and didn't know what the Magic Eraser was. She asked how it worked and I told her you get it a little wet and it works great. I went to lunch and she borrowed it. When I came back she was with an IT person at her desk staring at her dead keyboard. Apparently she went to the restroom, soaked the heck out of it and started to scrub her new, expensive ergo keyboard with it. LOL. Dork.
QUOTE Thanks
macgig

macgig will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 20" 2007 Aluminum iMac 2.0 Ghz | 4 gigs ram | 10.6.8

does he know you talk about him on public forums? lol
QUOTE Thanks
QDaMan

QDaMan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini - 2.26 Ghz C2D - 2 GB RAM - 160 GB HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondog View Post
You know those cool Magic Erasers...the sponge like things that can remove almost anything from anywhere...I had one at work when I moved cubes to remove scuff marks on my desk from the previous messy person that had that space. And I noticed that I could get some junk off the plastic non-Mac (don't freak out here) keyboard with it, too. A coworker saw me use it and didn't know what the Magic Eraser was. She asked how it worked and I told her you get it a little wet and it works great. I went to lunch and she borrowed it. When I came back she was with an IT person at her desk staring at her dead keyboard. Apparently she went to the restroom, soaked the heck out of it and started to scrub her new, expensive ergo keyboard with it. LOL. Dork.
Magic erasers are amazing! That thing took scuffs off my walls I thought I'd never get out.

And that is my Mr. Clean plug for the day.

The Mind of Q
^ Click the MUSIC tab if you like Hip-Hop!
QUOTE Thanks
falcontook

falcontook is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz 2GB Ram 200GB Hard drive, Mac Mini 1.5 Intel Core Solo 512Mb Ram

If I ever did that with my MBP i would just die. That really sucks.
QUOTE Thanks
mick_aka

mick_aka is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Macbook Pro, 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT 512MB.

I don't let food or drink anywhere near my MBP!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Home Theater Question | 30 minutes to decide for me »