New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus ē Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts ē Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

McCain lies to Letterman

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Udjamini

Udjamini is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Book Pro, Time Capsule...

McCain cancels on him, then gets interviewed by Katie Couric.

Gotta love Dave with his response.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwO3NNOY0iQ
QUOTE Thanks
fishepa

fishepa is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini

A politician that lies? I don't believe it.

War Eagle!
QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D

say it aint so

QUOTE Thanks
Udjamini

Udjamini is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Book Pro, Time Capsule...

Of course, lying is part of the job. It's the stupidity of booking with Katie Couric after telling Dave Lettermen you need to fly back to Washington right away that cracks me up.
QUOTE Thanks
cuhnool

cuhnool is a jewel in the roughcuhnool is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3

I saw that on Morning Joe this morning. This just adds on why I do believe anything politicians say. you sometimes can't even get on someone's show!!!!

QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

It always seems to be the lesser of two evils when trying to vote for president
QUOTE Thanks
epsylum

epsylum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa View Post
A politician that lies? I don't believe it.
yessir, par for the course for pretty much any politician.

I am not usually a big Letterman fan, but he had every right to point that out. Dumb move on McCain's part.

BTW, I don't have a dog in the presidential race, so I like sitting back at laughing at both McCain's and Obama's hypocrisy.
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

the occasional lie is to be expected - mccain calling his wife the c-word is far more troubling.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
epsylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric View Post
the occasional lie is to be expected - mccain calling his wife the c-word is far more troubling.
Meh. Couples can and do call each other all kinds of stuff. My brother has called his wife far worse things. He doesn't mean it and she knows it. She has also called him all kinds of stuff too. Actions speak louder than words and real life ain't a fairy tale chick flick. People get frustrated and sometimes say things they don't mean.

IMO that question is sort of like the "have you ever lied?" question. Of course everybody has, but if you admit to it, people look down on you and of course if you say no, you are currently lying.
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

that word equates to a real lack of respect not only for someone who was close to him, but women in general.

if your brother has called his wife worse than that, i feel sorry for her and suggest your brother get counseling.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
epsylum

Quote:
that word equates to a real lack of respect not only for someone who was close to him, but women in general.

if your brother has called his wife worse than that, i feel sorry for her and suggest your brother get counseling.
no need to feel sorry for her. She is perfectly happy. As I mentioned before, she has called him all kinds of stuff also (most of which would be blocked by the language filter here). There is zero abuse going either way (I would be stepping in if there was) and they didn't mean what they said. Their kids (they each had some from a previous relationship) all prefer to stay with them over their other respective parents. My nephew was flat out crying because had to go to his mother's after my brother got married.

I guess you have never ever called anyone anything negative before, right?

I guess I just have a thicker skin when it comes to calling people names. I have called my brother things FAR worse than the "C-word", but I would still take a bullet for him. I guess I don't respect him and need counseling too though because of my potty-mouth.
QUOTE Thanks
eric

my wife and i have too much respect for each other than to call each other any sort of name. i would expect the same of any great leader.

if your family is fine with that sort of abuse, i'm sorry to hear that. hopefully their kids aren't picking up on that and won't continue it, but the odds are against them.

QUOTE Thanks
epsylum

Quote:
my wife and i have too much respect for each other than to call each other any sort of name. i would expect the same of any great leader.

if your family is fine with that sort of abuse, i'm sorry to hear that. hopefully their kids aren't picking up on that and won't continue it, but the odds are against them.
Yup we is horrible people.

As for McCain's lack of respect of women. Who is running with a female VP candidate?

I think you have an image of us going around just cussing at each other. Like I said before it is like the "have you ever lied?" question can make one sound like a compulsive liar to some people. The times the words were spoken were either jokingly (my brother's wife has told me she would cut my head off too, but she was joking) or just in a fit of frustration. Words are words. They aren't harmful if you don't let them harm you. If the person actually means what they say and you know it, then that is different, but the circumstances I am talking about they don't, but the fact remains that they have said the words. I have been called all kinds of stuff growing up from all kinds of people. I don't sit around and cry about it. I just move on with my life. Work in any heavily male industry (especially the military) and you will be called all manner of things, sometimes they even mean it.

In fact I am willing to bet Bill Clinton, GWB, Carter, etc. have all called their wives some horrible things over the years also. Obama probably falls into that camp also. Actually Clinton had an affair that was all over the news. That is WAY worse than the whole c-word thing IMO, but people constantly try to defend his actions.

I don't want to sound like a McCain apologist, but there are plenty of other things to attack the guy on other than this (like, his policy for one) and they have much more bearing on how good of a president he will be.
QUOTE Thanks
Dimitri

Dimitri is a jewel in the roughDimitri is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsylum View Post
As for McCain's lack of respect of women. Who is running with a female VP candidate?
Maybe McCain would rather call other women vulgar names instead of his wife.

Portable DAP: iPod nano 4G 8GB (green)
Headphones: Sennheiser HD485, Sennheiser PX-100W
Computer: Aluminum iMac 24" 2.8GHz
Mobile: iPhone 3G 16GB (black)
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsylum View Post
Yup we is horrible people.

But have you seen this woman? She's like a 50s trophy wife. She just has to sit there, look pretty, and keep her mouth shut. Is that really showing respect for women?

I should also point out that the disparaging comment McCain made toward his wife was done so in front of reporters. Say what you want in private, but saying stuff like that in public near reporters is downright irresponsible, if not outright stupid.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Biggest Complaints | apple employee discount »