New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Are you a PC? LOL

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

RazzLee

RazzLee is on a distinguished road

Ok guys, I just had a good laugh and I just have to share.

I'm sure you have all seen the new MS ads about PC not being a stereotype. Well I'm at work right now (on a PC) just cruising the interwebs, killing some time when I happened apon an ad for "Are you a PC". I clicked the ad and a few seconds later my 'puter froze up! HA!

I am not a PC.
QUOTE Thanks
Andy348

Andy348 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.1 Ghz 4GB RAM 120GB HDD, iPod Touch 16GB, iPod Shuffle 1GB, BB 8130

I liked the commercial, but having 30 people say "I'm a PC" won't make me buy a PC any time soon.
QUOTE Thanks
Capitalcrew

Capitalcrew is on a distinguished road

Having a bunch of people tell me to buy PC is just that much more of a reason to not buy one. Look at all of the people who think honda civics are fast. LOL
QUOTE Thanks
macgig

macgig will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 20" 2007 Aluminum iMac 2.0 Ghz | 4 gigs ram | 10.6.8

tried burning a cd on the work pee cee today... didn't work. tried two methods and neither worked. And then it froze up.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

I'm a PC too, but mine runs OS X

Sad that MS doesn't get the Apple commercials at all. "PC" was meant as a caricature of the platform, not of the users using it. Not sure how these ads are answering Apple's ridicule of the platform. If anything, I would think Microsoft would want to disprove Apple's claims.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
kirby14

kirby14 is on a distinguished road

The idea is to just show that it isn't just people in accounting.

Sure, it isn't a great commercial but the idea is NOT to get Mac folks to switch... they just want to keep the folks they have and try to help its image.

Mac Pro | 3GB | 250GB| Dell E207WFP
QUOTE Thanks
Tarek

Tarek has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

It's nice. At least funnier than the stupid Seinfeld commercials.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post

Sad that MS doesn't get the Apple commercials at all. "PC" was meant as a caricature of the platform, not of the users using it. Not sure how these ads are answering Apple's ridicule of the platform. If anything, I would think Microsoft would want to disprove Apple's claims.
OMG hacker

Whatever their commercials confuse me even more.
QUOTE Thanks
lifeafter2am

lifeafter2am is a jewel in the roughlifeafter2am is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Unibody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitalcrew View Post
Having a bunch of people tell me to buy PC is just that much more of a reason to not buy one. Look at all of the people who think honda civics are fast. LOL
LOL!!!!

masakatsu agatsu

@lifeafter2am
QUOTE Thanks
scooter

scooter has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
nicely put!

From a G4 400MHz to an Intel Mac Mini to iMac Core Duo to a Macbook Pro 2.6GHz.............gotta love Apple!
QUOTE Thanks
stevenyc

stevenyc can only hope to improve

I'm a pc who can burn cd's, watch ads online and play Crysys and Assassins Creed at max settings without crashing or getting a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

You guys put way too much stock into all of these ads. Of all the years I used Windows, I had ZERO problems concerning viruses, trojans, lock ups, freezing or crashing. It's all about knowing how to maintain your system, and this is true of both Windows based PC's or Mac based ones.

I'm typing on my MBP at the moment, but my main machine is a PC, and it just so happens to be a penguin.

And you guys also really need to embrace the term PC, because it's what you're using. PC stands for personal computer, which every Mac is. They just happen to be running Apple software and OS_ I think MS needs to get a grip on this as well, because no one can coin the term PC for one particular OS.

The most offensive MS ads IMO, are the Windows "Mojave" ones, where they get these utterly stupid people to comment on how "cool" and "sick" it looks, only to find out that it's actually Vista, and they're like ... "whoa, omgz and all that jazz. Meanwhile, you need to have proprietary MS crap in order to even view the site that they want potential customers to see, not to mention the fact that Linux has been running a better, faster and less resource hungry GUI that does tons more than the visuals in Vista, for years now. Whooptie doo for you "Mojave" ...
QUOTE Thanks
Village Idiot

Village Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Sooper Fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug b View Post
You guys put way too much stock into all of these ads. Of all the years I used Windows, I had ZERO problems concerning viruses, trojans, lock ups, freezing or crashing. It's all about knowing how to maintain your system, and this is true of both Windows based PC's or Mac based ones.

I'm typing on my MBP at the moment, but my main machine is a PC, and it just so happens to be a penguin.

And you guys also really need to embrace the term PC, because it's what you're using. PC stands for personal computer, which every Mac is. They just happen to be running Apple software and OS_ I think MS needs to get a grip on this as well, because no one can coin the term PC for one particular OS.

The most offensive MS ads IMO, are the Windows "Mojave" ones, where they get these utterly stupid people to comment on how "cool" and "sick" it looks, only to find out that it's actually Vista, and they're like ... "whoa, omgz and all that jazz. Meanwhile, you need to have proprietary MS crap in order to even view the site that they want potential customers to see, not to mention the fact that Linux has been running a better, faster and less resource hungry GUI that does tons more than the visuals in Vista, for years now. Whooptie doo for you "Mojave" ...
Which is funny because even though OS X is more geared towards tech illiterate people than Windows, more tech illiterate people seem to use Windows.

It does take a certain amount of care and knowledge to keep a Win box running in top shape. But grandma doesn't know that clicking for the free iPod and getting pr0n and a virus is what's causing her Win box to get slower and slower.

I'm in your boat. I've never had a virus on a personal computer. I even have some that I run without Virus protection. But I also own a MBP and I'm thinking about purchasing a loaded up MP if the photography thing picks up.

Chaotic Evil, Level 1 IT-Tech

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks
PhilS1121

PhilS1121 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 24" 2.4 gHz, 2 gb RAM

I'm a PC. I'm also a Mac. When I'm a Mac, I work, I work quickly, and life is good. When I'm a PC, I'm slow to start up, slow to shut down, programs cause problems, I break down, I cuss, and I think bad thoughts about Bill Gates and evil he has inflicted on the world.
QUOTE Thanks
cuhnool

cuhnool is a jewel in the roughcuhnool is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitalcrew View Post
Look at all of the people who think honda civics are fast
LMAO I'm a Honda fan and I have to admit that. I don't know why some people even bother trying to think they know cars. And man do I have some stories to tell

Anyways, I have always laughed at PC ads. especially Mojave.. LOL now that was hysterical!!

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I just got this email.... | Do macs cause cancer? »