Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Are you a PC? LOL
    Ok guys, I just had a good laugh and I just have to share.

I'm sure you have all seen the new MS ads about PC not being a stereotype. Well I'm at work right now (on a PC) just cruising the interwebs, killing some time when I happened apon an ad for "Are you a PC". I clicked the ad and a few seconds later my 'puter froze up! HA!

I am not a PC.

Specs:
    MacBook 2.1 Ghz 4GB RAM 120GB HDD, iPod Touch 16GB, iPod Shuffle 1GB, BB 8130
    I liked the commercial, but having 30 people say "I'm a PC" won't make me buy a PC any time soon.

Having a bunch of people tell me to buy PC is just that much more of a reason to not buy one. Look at all of the people who think honda civics are fast. LOL

Specs:
    20" 2007 Aluminum iMac 2.0 Ghz | 4 GB ram | 10.11.5
    tried burning a cd on the work pee cee today... didn't work. tried two methods and neither worked. And then it froze up.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    I'm a PC too, but mine runs OS X

Sad that MS doesn't get the Apple commercials at all. "PC" was meant as a caricature of the platform, not of the users using it. Not sure how these ads are answering Apple's ridicule of the platform. If anything, I would think Microsoft would want to disprove Apple's claims.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

The idea is to just show that it isn't just people in accounting.

Sure, it isn't a great commercial but the idea is NOT to get Mac folks to switch... they just want to keep the folks they have and try to help its image.
    Mac Pro | 3GB | 250GB| Dell E207WFP

Specs:
    15" MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
    It's nice. At least funnier than the stupid Seinfeld commercials.

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post

Sad that MS doesn't get the Apple commercials at all. "PC" was meant as a caricature of the platform, not of the users using it. Not sure how these ads are answering Apple's ridicule of the platform. If anything, I would think Microsoft would want to disprove Apple's claims.
    OMG hacker

Whatever their commercials confuse me even more.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro Unibody
    Quote Originally Posted by Capitalcrew View Post
    Having a bunch of people tell me to buy PC is just that much more of a reason to not buy one. Look at all of the people who think honda civics are fast. LOL
    LOL!!!!
    masakatsu agatsu

@lifeafter2am

Specs:
    Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
    Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    nicely put!
    From a G4 400MHz to an Intel Mac Mini to iMac Core Duo to a Macbook Pro 2.6GHz.............gotta love Apple!

I'm a pc who can burn cd's, watch ads online and play Crysys and Assassins Creed at max settings without crashing or getting a virus.

Specs:
    15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
    You guys put way too much stock into all of these ads. Of all the years I used Windows, I had ZERO problems concerning viruses, trojans, lock ups, freezing or crashing. It's all about knowing how to maintain your system, and this is true of both Windows based PC's or Mac based ones.

I'm typing on my MBP at the moment, but my main machine is a PC, and it just so happens to be a penguin.

And you guys also really need to embrace the term PC, because it's what you're using. PC stands for personal computer, which every Mac is. They just happen to be running Apple software and OS_ I think MS needs to get a grip on this as well, because no one can coin the term PC for one particular OS.

The most offensive MS ads IMO, are the Windows "Mojave" ones, where they get these utterly stupid people to comment on how "cool" and "sick" it looks, only to find out that it's actually Vista, and they're like ... "whoa, omgz and all that jazz. Meanwhile, you need to have proprietary MS crap in order to even view the site that they want potential customers to see, not to mention the fact that Linux has been running a better, faster and less resource hungry GUI that does tons more than the visuals in Vista, for years now. Whooptie doo for you "Mojave" ...

Specs:
    Sooper Fast!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug b View Post
    You guys put way too much stock into all of these ads. Of all the years I used Windows, I had ZERO problems concerning viruses, trojans, lock ups, freezing or crashing. It's all about knowing how to maintain your system, and this is true of both Windows based PC's or Mac based ones.

I'm typing on my MBP at the moment, but my main machine is a PC, and it just so happens to be a penguin.

And you guys also really need to embrace the term PC, because it's what you're using. PC stands for personal computer, which every Mac is. They just happen to be running Apple software and OS_ I think MS needs to get a grip on this as well, because no one can coin the term PC for one particular OS.

The most offensive MS ads IMO, are the Windows "Mojave" ones, where they get these utterly stupid people to comment on how "cool" and "sick" it looks, only to find out that it's actually Vista, and they're like ... "whoa, omgz and all that jazz. Meanwhile, you need to have proprietary MS crap in order to even view the site that they want potential customers to see, not to mention the fact that Linux has been running a better, faster and less resource hungry GUI that does tons more than the visuals in Vista, for years now. Whooptie doo for you "Mojave" ...
    Which is funny because even though OS X is more geared towards tech illiterate people than Windows, more tech illiterate people seem to use Windows.

It does take a certain amount of care and knowledge to keep a Win box running in top shape. But grandma doesn't know that clicking for the free iPod and getting pr0n and a virus is what's causing her Win box to get slower and slower.

I'm in your boat. I've never had a virus on a personal computer. I even have some that I run without Virus protection. But I also own a MBP and I'm thinking about purchasing a loaded up MP if the photography thing picks up.
    Chaotic Evil, Level 1 IT-Tech

Slough Roast Blog
    Capitol Sound Blog

Specs:
    iMac 24" 2.4 gHz, 2 gb RAM
    I'm a PC. I'm also a Mac. When I'm a Mac, I work, I work quickly, and life is good. When I'm a PC, I'm slow to start up, slow to shut down, programs cause problems, I break down, I cuss, and I think bad thoughts about Bill Gates and evil he has inflicted on the world.

Specs:
    MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
    Quote Originally Posted by Capitalcrew View Post
    Look at all of the people who think honda civics are fast
    LMAO I'm a Honda fan and I have to admit that. I don't know why some people even bother trying to think they know cars. And man do I have some stories to tell

Anyways, I have always laughed at PC ads. especially Mojave.. LOL now that was hysterical!!

Thread Information