New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

What have you been playing lately?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

i figured i might start one of these since there had been some talk in other threads like this one about the games we've been playing...

i've been floating a bit this last week. some mercenaries 2, some ratchet and clank future, both on PS3. also a few games from the PSN store - a lot of PAIN and some super rub-a-dub (which my 4 year old loves).

also this week i finally upgraded my 40Gb PS3 to 320Gb.
it was incredibly easy, and leaves me plenty of room of media downloads from the PSN store, and tons of room for mp3s and photos, since my PS3 is quickly becomming the media hub of my home.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
calenerd

calenerd is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac

Spore! But the **** thing keeps blacking out half way, dunno if its the game of my Mac ):

The dark is passion, the light is logic.
QUOTE Thanks
MacbookWilis

MacbookWilis is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4Ghz, 4gigs RAM white macbook, Seagate Hybrid Drive =)

Guitar Hero 3 and metal gear 4

for PS3

i have opened up my eyes to a new world that new world is Mac
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

how are you linking MGS4?

i played a couple of the older ones, and found that while i liked stealth games, the series kind of left me flat - i wasn't too fond of the controls, and the cutscenes were so long...

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Been playing Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty 4, Command and Conquer 3, and will soon begin playing Spore, all on my PC

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Tarek

Tarek has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

Kart N' Crazy, Wall-E, Soldier Front, Drift City, and ijji Gunz.

As for console games, I never even used my PS2 except like a few times since I bought it, imagine how long that was. Lol!

And I don't want to buy a PS3 because in my country, internet is so slow and so expensive, I pay like $75 a month for 512 Kb DSL, and that'd be pretty slow if I play online using PS3 or try to download PS3 games.
QUOTE Thanks
mick_aka

mick_aka is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Macbook Pro, 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT 512MB.

Been playing Nexuiz online allot, really excellent freeware FPS, very reminiscent of unreal.
QUOTE Thanks
cuhnool

cuhnool is a jewel in the roughcuhnool is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3

Halo: Combat Evolved*
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory*
GRID
Guitar Hero 3

On my 360!!

*love playing old games!

QUOTE Thanks
WakeCarver

WakeCarver is a jewel in the roughWakeCarver is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD

Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion -PC
Call of Duty 4 (I've beat it like 4 times on the hardest setting but I just keep coming back for more) -PC
Spore -Mac
Neverwinter Nights 2 -PC
Command and Conquer 3 -PC
World in Conflict -PC
Sim City Societies -PC
I used to play a lot of World of Warcraft (PC and Mac) but I moved and only have satellite internet now so I had to give it up.

I wish their were more titles available for Mac so I could quit building new gaming PC's every year but oh well. I refuse to play console games because they just aren't as good as they are on a computer. Oh and console graphics are junk as far as I'm concerned.

"I call this the Greatest Zooks Album." -CEREAL KILLER
QUOTE Thanks
cuhnool

cuhnool is a jewel in the roughcuhnool is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeCarver View Post
Oh and console graphics are junk as far as I'm concerned.
Yeah, and 360s have ****** hardware. I get that E74 error CONSTANTLY, and I have to let it run for hours on end for a week before it actually works again. It's happened 7 or 8 times now.

And I can't return it, for modding my box voided the warranty. POS if you ask me I want a PS3!!!!

QUOTE Thanks
KeithTeeple

KeithTeeple is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

World of Warcraft, Nationstates 2, Cyber Nations, OGame, Tribal Wars, GUN, Call of Duty 4, Command and Conquer 3, Halo 3, Battlefield 2142.

It's a mouthful but I manage. Yes I do have a life.

Press any key to continue, or any other key to cancel.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary
and those who don't.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

The same game I have been playing for close to 5 years. FFXI Online. >_<""
QUOTE Thanks
Spork

Spork can only hope to improve

Cod4 and Halo3 on 360 every day =]
QUOTE Thanks
Mattlike

Mattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really nice
Mac Specs: Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed on the 360.
QUOTE Thanks
eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeCarver View Post
Oh and console graphics are junk as far as I'm concerned.

yep, i absolutely hate how pretty and realistic gran trusimo looks on my PS3 - makes me want to hurl.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Last minute shopping? | Who remembers myspace? »