New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Lisa - How to get a hold of one?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Hi,

My Uncle is a major Mac collector. And has mostly every mac that exists till the intel switch. A whole garage full of them. But no Lisa. Would anyone here know where one could pick up one of these?

I know I'd probably have to cough up a lot of cash for one. But I want to get that for him as a xmas present. Is this even possible? Or are the last remaining few in the hands of collectors who would never sell?

He's also after a:

20th Anniversary Mac or a G4 cube. If they are easier to get for a good price I might just give him one of those. The catch is getting one. And I'm in Australia if that matters any.
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

http://shop.ebay.com/items/_W0QQ_nkw...romZR40QQ_mdoZ

I see a couple listed, may be more in that list.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu). Also advise us if you have any antivirus or "cleaning" software installed on your Mac. If you are using MacKeeper, you are hereby advised to uninstall it.
------
Links to commonly recommended software and instructions: Onyx | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | How to reveal the User Library
------
Having issues with Safari? Adware is on the rise. See this guide on how to remove it: The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

that's of, a glitch seems to have missed my last post

If you don't mind a base unit with no keyboard, this one can be got for a snip

http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-Lisa-Base-...2em118Q2el1247

If the seller in in the USA it is sometimes useful to email them and ask about international shipping, sometimes they have just not considered it
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4

Here in Australia they are like rocking horse droppings - very rare. Have seen only one advertised on auction sites in the past two years. Also suggest you log onto Mactalk, join up and post in the 'Wanted to Buy' columns, and also WTB on eBay.

From memory, which is getting old and frail, they came with power for country of sale only and not like modern machine which have switching options for 110v, 240 v etc.
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Thank you both for this info. Ah the power required doesn't bother me all that much. I can always get a voltage converter for the thing.

To louishen: I just might bid on that. Cause I think my Uncle could easily get a keyboard that would fit it.
QUOTE Thanks
Udjamini

Udjamini is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Book Pro, Time Capsule...

I know a landfill in Utah that has a bunch.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macs and headaches | happy birthday mathogre. wherever you are. »