New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Bill Gates flops again

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MacAddikt

MacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: G52x1.81.53208x+/-

SOURCE:slashdot.org
Gates Nose-Dives at CES
Thursday January 06, 08:50AM
Lots of submissions this morning about Bill Gates' performance at the Las Vegas Consumer Electronics Show. His Media Center PC presentation crashed. (The presentation is online.) Then he gave an interview to CNET, where he described anyone who doesn't support ever-increasing intellectual property laws as "communists". Boingboing has some commentary on that interview as well.

comments: god bless conan o'brien

QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

I saw an article in the USA Today about Gates and his digital lifestyle. I tried to look athe Media Center PC presentation, but with the justing and buffering it was not worth the trouble.

What found very interesting in the articles are that people will be getting rid of thier iPods for the M$ Portable Media Center players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gates
To bring that vision to fruition, the software giant must overtake Apple and Sony. Neither is likely to give up ground without a fight.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

I watched it in the morning, because I knew everyone would be wanting to watch it all day, and the stream would have many buffers. I was grinning through the whole thing. And it was so funny listening Conan, while Gates was squirming in his chair pressing all the buttons on the remote to get the thing working. I can't wait to download the video, whenever somebody gets it uploaded.

If you get a chance to watch the stream, you should seek to the 24th minute. It's around there.

Edit: Found the video:
http://webpages.charter.net/thetrued.../billgates.mov
QUOTE Thanks
Desolate One

Does anyone test this crap out before they go on stage? I mean c'mon.
QUOTE Thanks
shaun89

shaun89 will become famous soon enough

Haha! He actually starts laughing with them. But then at the end he was burned and stopped smiling
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Thanks IWHAT for that link! Funniest thing I have seen since the famous Windows 98 Crash live on stage with Gates and his helper. Made my day!
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

But you know I remember when apple had a technical difficulty.. i dont remember what it was, but it was a few wwdc's ago... it was so minor they covered it up and i guess it was forgotten...

nice indeed
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Learning Flash MX 2004 Professional | iTunes v. Napster »