New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Macs and headaches

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

How can one tell if general use of your Mac is giving you a headache? And if so what can you do about it? Because I have a friend who gets sever headaches anytime he uses his imac. And I might be having the same problem. I don't know.
QUOTE Thanks
tkim

tkim will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8thark View Post
How can one tell if general use of your Mac is giving you a headache? And if so what can you do about it? Because I have a friend who gets sever headaches anytime he uses his imac. And I might be having the same problem. I don't know.
wow..are you sure it's not something else that's causing the headaches? My mac tends to relieve my headaches cause it's just so dang easy on the eyes

I think it may be something else

EDIT: is this the same "friend" you bought a mac for?

Use not abuse the rep system!
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Yes it is. But I just got him a refurbished ipod classic instead of a Mac. Cause be bought himself an imac. Thought the whole idea of a present of a mac was way too much.

Anyways the something else notion could be something. As I tend to drink heaps of water. But not when I use my imac. Could be 5 hours or maybe more and I don't get up for anything. I could just be getting dehydrated. I'll bet myself a massaive water bottle to have next to my imac. That might work.

Thanks. I'll let you know how it goes.
QUOTE Thanks
macgig

macgig will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 20" 2007 Aluminum iMac 2.0 Ghz | 4 gigs ram | 10.6.8

I know many windows users with this problem.

I suggest he get an eye dr exam.... he may need glasses, or if he has them he may need a different prescription for viewing the monitor up close.

My eyes have changed recently. the glasses I use for driving do not work when viewing the monitor.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgig View Post
I know many windows users with this problem.

I suggest he get an eye dr exam.... he may need glasses, or if he has them he may need a different prescription for viewing the monitor up close.

My eyes have changed recently. the glasses I use for driving do not work when viewing the monitor.
Agreed. If he hasn't had an eye exam in some time, it may be worth a shot. You'd be amazed how you don't notice how poorly you're seeing until you have good correction.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Beatles4Life

Beatles4Life is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Norwood is a 15 inch MacBook Pro from September 2010 with 10.9 - yay!

I have that problem too, but I think it's from sitting in front of the computer too long. You could also try turning the brightness down on the monitor.

Just a thought.

"Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John Lennon.
QUOTE Thanks
mdfuller

mdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15-inch MacBook Pro

I had the same thing until I started looking away a few times every so often. I just look away from the computer and focus on something else in the room for a little bit. Someone told me about this "trick" and it absolutely works. Do it like 3-4 times an hour or so...
QUOTE Thanks
KeithTeeple

KeithTeeple is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

I get severe headaches from everything, not just Mac.

Press any key to continue, or any other key to cancel.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary
and those who don't.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Every 7 seconds.... | Lisa - How to get a hold of one? »