Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Schweb's Lounge (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/schwebs-lounge/)
-   -   Macs and headaches (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/schwebs-lounge/124062-macs-headaches.html)

the8thark 09-19-2008 10:33 AM

Macs and headaches

How can one tell if general use of your Mac is giving you a headache? And if so what can you do about it? Because I have a friend who gets sever headaches anytime he uses his imac. And I might be having the same problem. I don't know.

tkim 09-19-2008 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the8thark (Post 728369)
How can one tell if general use of your Mac is giving you a headache? And if so what can you do about it? Because I have a friend who gets sever headaches anytime he uses his imac. And I might be having the same problem. I don't know.

wow..are you sure it's not something else that's causing the headaches? My mac tends to relieve my headaches cause it's just so dang easy on the eyes :)

I think it may be something else :P

EDIT: is this the same "friend" you bought a mac for? ;)

the8thark 09-19-2008 10:43 AM

Yes it is. But I just got him a refurbished ipod classic instead of a Mac. Cause be bought himself an imac. Thought the whole idea of a present of a mac was way too much.

Anyways the something else notion could be something. As I tend to drink heaps of water. But not when I use my imac. Could be 5 hours or maybe more and I don't get up for anything. I could just be getting dehydrated. I'll bet myself a massaive water bottle to have next to my imac. That might work.

Thanks. I'll let you know how it goes.

macgig 09-19-2008 10:58 AM

I know many windows users with this problem.

I suggest he get an eye dr exam.... he may need glasses, or if he has them he may need a different prescription for viewing the monitor up close.

My eyes have changed recently. the glasses I use for driving do not work when viewing the monitor.

cwa107 09-19-2008 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macgig (Post 728383)
I know many windows users with this problem.

I suggest he get an eye dr exam.... he may need glasses, or if he has them he may need a different prescription for viewing the monitor up close.

My eyes have changed recently. the glasses I use for driving do not work when viewing the monitor.

Agreed. If he hasn't had an eye exam in some time, it may be worth a shot. You'd be amazed how you don't notice how poorly you're seeing until you have good correction.

Beatles4Life 09-19-2008 12:03 PM

I have that problem too, but I think it's from sitting in front of the computer too long. You could also try turning the brightness down on the monitor.

Just a thought. :)

mdfuller 09-19-2008 12:12 PM

I had the same thing until I started looking away a few times every so often. I just look away from the computer and focus on something else in the room for a little bit. Someone told me about this "trick" and it absolutely works. Do it like 3-4 times an hour or so...

KeithTeeple 09-21-2008 06:03 PM

I get severe headaches from everything, not just Mac.