Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

...and ps1

regarding the cost, and i hate to sound like a broken record, echoing this comment from everyone else who says it, the PS3 is a blue-ray player. it also has a tremendous processor and other nice bits - like the most solid outer casing i've ever felt on a console and free access to PSN.
    Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
    ["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]

Specs:
    Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive
    My room mate bought another 360 this past weekend and got the extended warranty. I think I kind of tipped his hand when I bought my new 50" plasma tv. I must say, Halo 3 looks jaw dropping on it
    Use not abuse the rep system!

Specs:
    2.2 SR MBP
    I own all 3 consoles and the 360 is the only one I really play.

Specs:
    2.2 SR MBP
    Quote Originally Posted by eric View Post
    you do know that the back calalogue on the PS3 goes back to 1995 and includes hundreds and hundreds of games, right?

of course, the real point is the exclusives. some people can't live without halo or fable, and some can't live without gran turismo or metal gear.
    the secondary point is the controllers, i have, over the last 13 years or so come to absolutely adore the playstation controllers.

i do agree, and have been saying for some time, that the PS3 will absolutely have longer legs.
    You only get backward compatibility with the more expensive ps3. Which flaws your response greatly.

nope. you get backward compatability with all of them. you only lose ps2 compatability with the lower end models, they all have ps1 compatability.
    Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
    ["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]

If you're gonna play PS2/PS1 games, might as well just get a PS2 ... they (still) sell for about $100

i have a ps2, i also have a ps3. i also am an adult, married male, with a wife that wants a non-cluttered living room. so the ps2 moved up to the bedroom and my ps1 games were able to stay down with my ps3.

plus, no need for memory cards on the ps3 which is a huge benefit.

Thread Information