New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Any of you Mac owners also 360 owners???

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tkim

tkim will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy348 View Post
How long ago did that happen?

For a second I was totally turned off when I realized that the RROD was present in 1/3 Xbox 360s and I was wondering if I needed a 2 year warranty ($169) but Microsoft has a 3 year warranty when dealing with the RROD.
This was probably about a year 1/2 ago. I thought the xbox only came with a 1 yr warranty? I just know he was covered under warranty so he sold the thing. I hear the xbox fixed some of it's problems but still have a high failure rate. My roommate was tempted to buy another one but was turned off by the high failure rates to this day. Think he said something like 13-15%

Whereas the PS3 is like 2-3%

EDIT: found this article from back in Feb 08: http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/14/x...re-rate-at-16/

Use not abuse the rep system!
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek McNelly View Post
"feels like i'm playing nothing at all"

That's all I've got to say.

that's funny. you'd think i'd get pretty bored... but nope.

pretty surprised at all that empty rack space that's not at all empty at bestbuy.

you 360 guys are just all pent up after hearing the same arguement in reverse for so long between the ps2 and xbox.

funny thing is, the ps2 is still unbelievably strong in hardware and software sales.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
Derek McNelly

Derek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" - 2.3 GHz Quad i7- 8GB RAM - 750GB Hybrid HD - OS X 10.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric View Post
you 360 guys are just all pent up after hearing the same arguement in reverse for so long between the ps2 and xbox.

funny thing is, the ps2 is still unbelievably strong in hardware and software sales.
PS2 > Xbox

The Xbox had a lot of potential, just like the PS3.

Problem is, you can't play potential.

MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz Quad i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB HHD - OS X 10.8
MacBook 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo - 4 GB RAM - 320 GB HDD - OS X 10.6

MoTM February 2009
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

again, i'm playing just fine.
got about 10 disc based games and 10 or so PSN games. really i don't have enough time to play everything i want to.

maybe a year or so ago it was mostly potential, but this machine has got long legs, and it's already up to speed.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
Derek McNelly

Derek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" - 2.3 GHz Quad i7- 8GB RAM - 750GB Hybrid HD - OS X 10.8

Quote:
again, i'm playing just fine.
got about 10 disc based games and 10 or so PSN games. really i don't have enough time to play everything i want to.

maybe a year or so ago it was mostly potential, but this machine has got long legs, and it's already up to speed.
I'm just ribbin' ya.

It doesn't really matter what system you prefer or anyone does.

If it has the games you want, then it's perfectly alright.

MoTM February 2009
QUOTE Thanks
eric

i know.

gt5 ftw!

QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

2 PS3
1 Xbox
1 Xbox 360

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
leecho7

leecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really nice
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram

I have a 360. Just wish I had the time and the money to get some more games for it.
I really want to get a PS3 though for GT5 and MGS4.

Bismillah ihr Rhman ihr Raheem

The only way to truly learn and gain experience is from making mistakes.
Thats why I'm a friggin genius.
QUOTE Thanks
Derek McNelly

Quote:
i know.

gt5 ftw!
I never could get into the Gran Turismo series. Started off too slow and you could never get a half decent car to get you started.

I liked Forza 2 better simply because I could start with a Corvette Stingray.

Rnn Rnn.

MoTM February 2009
QUOTE Thanks
MacbookWilis

MacbookWilis is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4Ghz, 4gigs RAM white macbook, Seagate Hybrid Drive =)

i never liked the 360 becuase of all its flaws with the ring of death and then the death of the additional hd dvd drive that turned out useless for the 360, so i but a PS3 gotta love the full hd blu-ray free gaming network instead of paying that xbox live.

but anyways i am a big gamer its like a museum i my house got:
atari 2600
Nes
Snes
Genesis
Saturn
PS1, PS2, PS3
Dreamcast
Xbox
First gen Gameboy
Atari Lynx
PSP

All work great still

i have opened up my eyes to a new world that new world is Mac
QUOTE Thanks
Dimitri

Dimitri is a jewel in the roughDimitri is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz

what? No virtual boy?

Portable DAP: iPod nano 4G 8GB (green)
Headphones: Sennheiser HD485, Sennheiser PX-100W
Computer: Aluminum iMac 24" 2.8GHz
Mobile: iPhone 3G 16GB (black)
QUOTE Thanks
MacbookWilis

nop i played it and didn't like it also hardly any games for it

QUOTE Thanks
Dimitri

Dimitri is a jewel in the roughDimitri is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacbookWilis View Post
nop i played it and didn't like it also hardly any games for it
Well, it was meant as an obscure reference. If I was really suggesting the lack of a good console, I'd have mentioned Intellivision.

Portable DAP: iPod nano 4G 8GB (green)
Headphones: Sennheiser HD485, Sennheiser PX-100W
Computer: Aluminum iMac 24" 2.8GHz
Mobile: iPhone 3G 16GB (black)
QUOTE Thanks
MacbookWilis

note taken

right now its just jamming with guitar hero

QUOTE Thanks
Spork

Spork can only hope to improve

I agree with OP. 360 > all and Mac > PC
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia: Season 4! | Best Mac Forums Avatar »