New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

does this mean peta was right

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jah

jah will become famous soon enough

infecious proteins (prion) jumping species:
http://science.slashdot.org/article..../09/08/0030212

prion
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prion
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

I'm pretty sure this isn't really that new. And this doesn't make PETA right, it makes the FDA right for not importing UK beef and heavily testing the US cattle stock.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
MBasile

MBasile has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook CoreDuo

PETA doesn't discourage eating meat due to possible contamination, they discourage eating meat because cows are so cute and cuddley
QUOTE Thanks
hotdog182

hotdog182 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" MBP, High Res, 2GB Ram, 2.4Ghz processor Core 2 Duo

British BEef is fine aint it "/
I eat it i'm worried now

iPhone Therefor I Am
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

They won't let me donate blood because of years I lived in the UK.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBasile View Post
PETA doesn't discourage eating meat due to possible contamination, they discourage eating meat because cows are so cute and cuddley
they obviously never worked with cows then

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
I am a member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals) and I can say that this is simply not true

Besides, if you live anywhere near a farm where cattle are raised, you know that cows are not cute and cuddly. I might describe them as stinky and ill-tempered, but certainly not cute and cuddly.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
calenerd

calenerd is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
I am a member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals) and I can say that this is simply not true

Besides, if you live anywhere near a farm where cattle are raised, you know that cows are not cute and cuddly. I might describe them as stinky and ill-tempered, but certainly not cute and cuddly.
Oh thank god that I read your post wrongly. For a moment I thought that was a real PETA member here -_-

The dark is passion, the light is logic.
QUOTE Thanks
nbrowser

nbrowser has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB

Quote:

I'm with ya on this one....I dated a girl that lived on a cattle farm....cute...NO, cuddly....I think not....and the smells coming from the pasture....let's just say we headed to the city for a night once in a while....I'll leave it at that. However, perfectly butchered steaks rock !

This is a multiplatform home !
QUOTE Thanks
jah

jah will become famous soon enough

yes... this is new

reference:
"they also found that when a prion jumps species, it produces a new kind of prion. "This is worrisome," says Claudio Soto, who led the research, published in Cell. "The universe of possible prions could be much larger than we thought.""
QUOTE Thanks
MBasile

MBasile has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook CoreDuo

Quote:

did you hear the wooshing sound as the joke went right over your head?

Honestly, I think my mom still subscribes to PETA's magazine and whenever she goes "do you know what they do to chickens?!" I go "No, but it tastes darn good!!!"
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
did you hear the wooshing sound as the joke went right over your head?

Honestly, I think my mom still subscribes to PETA's magazine and whenever she goes "do you know what they do to chickens?!" I go "No, but it tastes darn good!!!"
I got it, was just taking the opportunity to use a joke of my own

PETA has a magazine? Doesn't that mean the murder of innocent trees and the use of inks that were tested on fuzzy bunnies?

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by calenerd View Post
Oh thank god that I read your post wrongly. For a moment I thought that was a real PETA member here -_-
and what would be wrong with that?

peta discourages any abuse of animals, including killing them for our own selfish needs; mainly on the basis that they are living creatures that share this planet with us, and with us being rational, self-aware creatures we have the ability and foresight to navigate around carnivorism if we so wish.
i'll admit, i'm a meat eater, though i wish i had the willpower to be a vegetarian.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric View Post
and what would be wrong with that?

peta discourages any abuse of animals, including killing them for our own selfish needs; mainly on the basis that they are living creatures that share this planet with us, and with us being rational, self-aware creatures we have the ability and foresight to navigate around carnivorism if we so wish.
i'll admit, i'm a meat eater, though i wish i had the willpower to be a vegetarian.
I would agree with you in theory, it's PETA's methods of protest and extremist tone they sometimes take that yanks my chain.

QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

agreed. i also don't get as emotionally attached as some of the real intense members of peta and other similar groups. part of me understands the animal nature of the biology, and how much of an abberation we are - but seeing that we are in the situation we're in, and that we can get along without meat consumption, it just seems a bit archaic.

of course peta isn't as extreme as the e.l.f., but i'm sure there is some crossover between some of the more extreme peta members.

i kind of liken it to being christian. there are plenty of you guys that want to do right, live by the code and all, and are well meaning and completely pleasant to be around. and then there are a few extremist groups that poop all over the whole thing and ruin it for every body. does that mean you should abhor christianity? no, you just have to live by your moral ideal and try not to let the idiots tarnish your gig.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Exporting the cached email contacts to a file | cat VS printer »