New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Mounting Misery

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.8 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.5.8; G4 eMac 1.25, 2 Gb, OS 10.4.11

I am plagued at present with an acute form of dermatitis. Not a pleasant subject I know, not a topic one might expect to find posted in a computer forum, and I submit this reluctantly.

I wonder if someone out there has useful suggestions to make re natural treatment or ways of easing the cursed itching, and the severe pain caused by splits in the finger tips. Enough to drive a man to drink (he says, reaching for his iced whisky - now that really is soothing). Other than weird and whacky remedies like galloping gnat's pee or mayfly's milk, I'm prepared to try almost anything.

Current treatment is conventional and conservative - topical steroids, moisturising cream (this generic keyboard's keys are well lubricated) and paracetomol. Anyway, when I'm back online in the wee hours of tomorrow morning - NZ time - after the itching has woken me, hopefully there'll be some ideas, suggestions and thoughts from afar. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
jah

jah will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughvane View Post
severe pain caused by splits in the finger tips.

Current treatment is conventional and conservative - moisturising cream

on the split finger tips:
use cyanoacrylate based fast-acting glues commonly sold under trade names like Superglue and Krazy Glue. get an additional spray on hardener if available so it will dry as expected.

moisturizing cream:
application is everything. put a moderate amount of hand lotion in a surgical glove(s) and wear them overnight.

cheers
QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D

i use aquaphor when my eczema starts acting up. it my not be natural, it is petroleum based. i also have vanacream. these were prescribed my doctor to me.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« LHC live web cam | Apple tie, where can i get one? »