Specs:
    Power Mac G4 Sonnet 1.0 512 Ram 10.3.6
    DV Camera Transfer to Mac need Help!!!!
    I purchased a Canon Elura 60 from my cousin for a reasonable price. It didnt come with any manuals so I am kinda left in the dark. Anyways after filming for the holidays I tried to download to computer and nothing. I tried to open up IMovie and nothing didnt recognize my camera. Then I thought is there something on the camera that I turn on to download to my Mac or what???? I called him and he wasnt much help because he never used the camera pretty much the reason why I bought it from him.. Any suggestions???

Specs:
    PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
    some cameras do need to be turned on to transfer files to the mac, also, id it even mac compatible? if it is, go to canon.com and download the drivers for the camera and install them.

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    I believe that the Canon Elura 60is a movie camera, so you don't need to download any drivers. All you need to do is connect if via the firewire port. Turn it on to vcr mode, then start iMovie. iMovie should then see the camera. All you need to is press the import button.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by rman
    I believe that the Canon Elura 60is a movie camera, so you don't need to download any drivers. All you need to do is connect if via the firewire port. Turn it on to vcr mode, then start iMovie. iMovie should then see the camera. All you need to is press the import button.
    That's what I did I powered it up and nothing happened. I had the power switch on but maybe that was the problem Instead of power switch maybe I should have switched it to playback mode.

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    Play back mode should be vcr mode. You should be able to go to the Canon system and download a user's manual.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by rman
    Play back mode should be vcr mode. You should be able to go to the Canon system and download a user's manual.
    I hope that is the problem that had it on power instead of Vcr play back. The worst thing is to buy something and not have it functioning properly. What a buzz kill!

Specs:
    Fella! Once again thatnk you for replying to me questions. I figured out the problem. I didnt have it set on VCR playback mode like RMan suggested. This prevented the Mac from not seeing the camera.

Thread Information