Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1


    Member Since
    Sep 10, 2008
    Posts
    27
    Bit of a stupid question...
    I will probably get shot down for this...

    But does anyone have any old Apple products, as I am new to Apple, I would like something very cheap, just to try and get used to the operating system...

    I would be willing to pay for postage?

    Thanks, Dave

  2. #2

    tkim's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 30, 2008
    Posts
    293
    Specs:
    Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdavecox90 View Post
    I will probably get shot down for this...

    But does anyone have any old Apple products, as I am new to Apple, I would like something very cheap, just to try and get used to the operating system...

    I would be willing to pay for postage?

    Thanks, Dave
    Have you tried ebay? They have some fairly old systems for cheap that you could probably get to get acquainted with Apple products.
    Use not abuse the rep system!

  3. #3


    Member Since
    Sep 10, 2008
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by tkim View Post
    Have you tried ebay? They have some fairly old systems for cheap that you could probably get to get acquainted with Apple products.
    Thanks mate.

    What sort of thing should I be looking for?

  4. #4

    tkim's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 30, 2008
    Posts
    293
    Specs:
    Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdavecox90 View Post
    Thanks mate.

    What sort of thing should I be looking for?
    Not sure of your price range, but doing a search for 'apple laptops' yielded a ton of stuff. Saw a clamshell buy it now for 175. Don't know if that's too much?

    May also want to try 'apple computers.' you should be able to find something there that fits the bill price wise.

    EDIT: you may also want to throw in OSX or leopard while searching to make sure the computer has the latest operating system. You may also want to consider picking up "The Missing Manual" on leopard. I hear a lot of people swear by it. You can probably find it on amazon.com or some such.
    Use not abuse the rep system!

  5. #5

    dtravis7's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 04, 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    28,934
    Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    What price range are we looking at? With that in mind I can make a few suggestions of what to look out for.

  6. #6


    Member Since
    Sep 10, 2008
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
    What price range are we looking at? With that in mind I can make a few suggestions of what to look out for.
    Maybe like 150 max mate, I'm also in England so would be UK eBay?

  7. #7


    Member Since
    Sep 10, 2008
    Posts
    27
    Anyone?

  8. #8

    tkim's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 30, 2008
    Posts
    293
    Specs:
    Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdavecox90 View Post
    Anyone?
    That would probably be best if you used UK's ebay.
    Use not abuse the rep system!

  9. #9


    Member Since
    Sep 10, 2008
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by tkim View Post
    That would probably be best if you used UK's ebay.
    But what do I search for mate....

    I just want to get used to OSX, have a fairly good system, but not spend alot.

  10. #10

    tkim's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 30, 2008
    Posts
    293
    Specs:
    Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdavecox90 View Post
    But what do I search for mate....

    I just want to get used to OSX, have a fairly good system, but not spend alot.
    It'll probably be very difficult to find something that will run OSX with the amount of money you are looking to spend. If you have a few hours I'd go to an apple store and play around with it for awhile.

    I'd also look at getting the book I suggested earlier. You'll probably need to spend more money to get something decent.


    http://computers.shop.ebay.co.uk/ite...d=p3913.c0.m24

    There are some members on this forum that are from the UK. You may want to wait to see if they can help you out.

    Good luck.
    Use not abuse the rep system!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Upgrading EFI from 32-bit to 64-bit on Mac Pro with 64-bit processor
    By Gemless Ear in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-21-2014, 12:55 AM
  2. stupid question
    By Sally14 in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-06-2012, 07:16 PM
  3. Probably a stupid question regarding PS
    By Generic in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-26-2007, 07:22 PM
  4. Stupid Question
    By justinpfarrell in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-15-2005, 04:35 PM
  5. Stupid Question!
    By hank1 in forum Internet, Networking, and Wireless
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-13-2005, 10:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •