New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

got an interview lined up for the apple store.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macgig

macgig will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 20" 2007 Aluminum iMac 2.0 Ghz | 4 gigs ram | 10.6.8

here is the email I got. I'm leaving out the addy and the persons name.

Thank you for visiting the Apple Career Center. I hope you found it both interesting and informative. I would welcome the chance to schedule a time to speak with you about career opportunities at Apple Retail. Please respond via e-mail with the day and time, as well as telephone number that works best for your schedule. I will schedule a time that is convenient for both of us and send a confirmation response to you.

Thank you for your time and interest in Apple. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Okay? So are you like bragging?

Congrats I'm sure everyone here is just green with envy.
QUOTE Thanks
xj6jaguar1985

xj6jaguar1985 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2

Good luck dude! Hope you nail the interview!

Yes my name is Jaguar.
No, it is not a joke.
I don't find your "I'm a cheetah." joke funny.
QUOTE Thanks
Waterpolo820

Waterpolo820 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell

Good luck! Tel us how it goes, cause once I turn 18 I'm planning on Applying. But the only thing that sucks is that you can't be apart of forums like this... But it's the price that you pay i guess...

"In a world full of ordinaries,
I will be extraordinary"
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterpolo820 View Post
Good luck! Tel us how it goes, cause once I turn 18 I'm planning on Applying. But the only thing that sucks is that you can't be apart of forums like this... But it's the price that you pay i guess...
You make it sound like it's a chore. If you love Mac you shouldn't have problems talking about them. After all isn't that why we all come here? >_<"
QUOTE Thanks
sonypsp0009

sonypsp0009 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook, core 2 duo 2.0 GHZ,1GB RAM,80 GB HDD

I would be interested in knowing how they keep people from being parts of forums after all your online screenname is completely seperate from your real life identidy in most cases , does anyone know how they enforce this?
QUOTE Thanks
macgig

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
Okay? So are you like bragging?

Congrats I'm sure everyone here is just green with envy.
Not really bragging. it's just an interview. I plan on posting again with interview info.... just to give others an idea what to expect.
QUOTE Thanks
skaheadpunk

skaheadpunk has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule

Lucky thing!

There's a new store opening in my city very, very soon, so I've applied too.
QUOTE Thanks
Forum Shark

Forum Shark is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Base Model MacBook (White from early 2008)

I live in the middle of nowhere, so the nearest Apple store is about 2 hours away! There are, though stores that sell Apple stuff.

Please follow me to Twitter! http://twitter.com/ForumShark
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Oh I'm not jealous. I'd never want to work at an apple store. Anyways congrats with the interview.
QUOTE Thanks
Waterpolo820

Waterpolo820 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
You make it sound like it's a chore. If you love Mac you shouldn't have problems talking about them. After all isn't that why we all come here? >_<"
What I mean is that Apple doesn't allow you to be apart of forums like this. You can get fired if you do, in fact when you get the job you sign a contract that says you wont. By all means I love talking about how Macs are better than Windows, especially to my friends..lol

"In a world full of ordinaries,
I will be extraordinary"
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

That's not so unusual. Let me tell you, my employer would be upset if I went onto forums like this making comments that could be construed to represent the company.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
TrishOB

TrishOB is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" 2.4 GHz C2D

Would you actually have to leave this or any other Apple-related forum altogether? Or would you simply have to promise that you won't discuss anything related to your employment with the company or give out information that you otherwise wouldn't be privy to?

Trish in Central Florida
MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel C2D
QUOTE Thanks
jah

jah will become famous soon enough

our local apple store displays a big ability to speak the official apple line. during the interview seems they will want to find this in the prospective hire.
QUOTE Thanks
macgig

what makes me laugh is the appearance of the people working there...

mostly young kids... I'm older so they look like kids to me. Unshaved, old dirty jeans w/ holes in them, tattoos, long hair not even combed or styled. Looked like they just got out of bed....

on most jobs, if you showed up to an interview looking like they do, they would ask you to leave.

I guess the Apple culture is different huh?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Movie trailer on youtube | Facebook from an iPhone. »